Lake Rodney the story of small pox and barf face
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
OMG so I saw this and then forgot about it, and then I saw your PM and then forgot about it, and then I remembered at work and then I forgot about it. Please forgive my impressively feeble brain ;____; Is it alright if we bump this to present day?

Finley had not made any definite plans yet to take Eljay out. Partly because it worried her to ask him and partly because she was not always convinced that it was a great idea. Elwood had given his consent after some compromise, but now it was up to Finley to figure out how to work within the boundaries he'd set. So, the Blackthorn set out that day to do some territory-charting. She needed to make sure that the path she took him on would be safe (though she was sure it would be) and that it would keep her within howling range of the Caldera (which she was also sure it would be). It was mostly an excuse not to actually suggest the trip to Eljay that day since even after her accident, Finley just didn't have it in her to take that much precaution. But it would make Elwood happy to know she'd done it, and she was all for winning some bonus points with her mate.

So, Finley set out along the familiar trail that lead her away from the Caldera and along the shores of Lake Rodney. As she'd suspected, the trip had been uneventful. The most interesting part of it were the few scents she'd caught on the frozen lake's shores of various predators and prey. She came upon a muskrat's frozen carcass at one point and went ahead and divulged in the cold meat before moving on to find an hour later the scent of a wolverine, which thoroughly claimed her attention as she began to pursue it eagerly.

What she found was not a wolvering in the end, but another wolf. Fin didn't at all recognize the young boy she'd met upon the mountain once (though she may have recognized his imaginary friend were he about. Maybe). He made her pause in a way that the wolverine had not. She became immediately self-conscious, turning her cheek away so he couldn't see it though he hadn't even spotted her yet. She stood still near the shore a number of yards away from him, debating how to proceed.

Messages In This Thread
the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - December 23, 2015, 06:27 AM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Finley - January 15, 2016, 07:43 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - January 22, 2016, 01:44 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Finley - February 26, 2016, 08:20 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - February 29, 2016, 05:52 AM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Finley - March 04, 2016, 06:05 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - March 05, 2016, 06:52 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Finley - March 05, 2016, 07:54 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - March 05, 2016, 08:19 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Finley - March 06, 2016, 06:03 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - March 07, 2016, 09:39 AM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Finley - March 11, 2016, 07:41 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - March 12, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Finley - March 12, 2016, 08:51 PM
RE: the story of small pox and barf face - by Charon - March 13, 2016, 01:41 PM