Phoenix Maplewood Bad news, good news
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason felt awful for Scarlett and Desna. Presumably she had siblings given the ‘us’ in her speech, and so he felt bad for this unknown wolf or wolves too. Mason’s ears twitched and he said the only thing he could think of: “well she had you, so she had some good things in her life too.”

Mason nodded – Desna’s advice had been good. It was an element to caretaking and nursing that he had not expected nor thought of previously. Letting someone go if they did not have the will or strength to carry on – to save precious time and resources for those future patients that could use them. Of course, if the wolf wanted to live, Mason would do his utmost to see it through. But perhaps when he came across his first fatal patient, Mason could rest easier knowing that eternal life was not everything to everyone. Especially if a wound was life-altering, such as losing a leg.

“That would be great, if you meet anyone, you can just mention my name…” Mason didn’t want her forcing wolves to come and give him advice as that would probably not breed good feeling. And of course he would not take Reek from his post. Which reminded him that they should probably let her get back to tending her mother, and making her apparent inevitable end as comfortable as possible.

Mason tagged onto the end of Steady’s sentiment: “Desna, we’re gonna go now,” a soft glance went to his Uncle, lest he try and resist, but it appeared he had made his peace with not being able to see his friend. “We’ll let you go back to your Mother. I am sure she is more at peace when you are around.” Mason wagged his tail and turned, ready to go, but making sure Steady was with him before he did so. He kept his eyes on Desna’s pretty features, wondering how long it would be before he would see her again, and whether her beautiful presence would be diminished by grief when he eventually did.

@Desna I would love a thread with Sebastian ^_^ let me know when you can do it
And I will try and use this as a caregiver thread, yes, I need to count how many I have to date, I might be closer than I thought!
Messages In This Thread
Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 10, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 11, 2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 11, 2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 11, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 12, 2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 12, 2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 12, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 13, 2016, 05:10 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 13, 2016, 11:59 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 15, 2016, 06:26 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 15, 2016, 11:16 AM