Moonspear daughter knows best
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I love that Fox is plotting Perry's death... and that Wifi keeps digging the hole deeper, lol. >:)

Another blow came, this time the news of Raven's departure. This was just as absurd and upsetting (and absurdly upsetting) as the notion of her parents relinquishing their Alpha ranks. Seriously, what had happened between their first visit and this one? Wildfire's heart went out to Fox, as did her nose yet again, touching now beneath the other female's left eye. She wondered where her sister could have gone and what had prompted her to leave.

It was tempting to renew her offer. It was clear her family could use her support right now. But Floki... she thought, her heart throbbing in her chest. She loved him, no doubt about it. Could she leave him, just like that? Would he come with her? If not, could she return someday so they could be together? Thinking about it tied her heart into agonizing knots. Wildfire felt like she couldn't breathe.

Realizing she hadn't said anything for several moments, she blurted, "I'm so sorry, mom. I wish there was more I could say and do to help..." Now she fully hugged against Fox, their petite shoulders meeting and their chests pressing together so she could feel her mother's heartbeat against hers. "Everyone back home will take care of you guys..."

And then another thought hit her, like a sunbeam breaking through the clouds. "What about Papa Pan?" She felt guilty and dimwitted for not thinking of him specifically sooner, though abruptly there was a sense of relief. "He'd love to step up and help. I know it." In fact, it might even be sort of a blessing in disguise for him, even if Wildfire knew Pan would be as affected by Peregrine's dilemma as everybody else.
Messages In This Thread
daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 18, 2016, 11:38 PM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 18, 2016, 11:46 PM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 18, 2016, 11:54 PM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 12:07 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 12:35 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 12:49 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 12:58 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 01:10 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 01:22 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 10:03 AM