Moonspear Come back to me
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
A cool breeze buffeted against her, chilling the skin beneath Wildfire's damp fur. It also made the wounds on the right side of her face ache inexplicably. So she turned her back to it, her amber eyes absently scanning the tree line below her. It was only by pure happenstance that she saw a glimpse of Caribbean blue looking up at her from the shadows below. Wildfire's heart skipped a beat and she sucked in a breath, held it.

He didn't say anything or make a move, nor did she. Wildfire held Floki's distant gaze for as long as she could, which wasn't long at all, then exhaled and rose slowly to her feet. Carefully, she left the bluff and began to climb down toward his location. Her legs felt jellylike and her heart began to thud anxiously in her chest as she made her approach. She felt so many emotions roiling inside her that she didn't even try to name them, much less define them.

She came to stand perhaps ten feet away from him, her amber eyes squinting at a spot just past his shoulder. "Floki..." she began only after struggling to think of what to say. "I'm sorry I've been acting so weird and distant and... weird." It was not only lame but a massive understatement. She had basically flipped the damn script on the poor guy, then run away into the sunset.

She fell silent for a long time, literally slumping in defeat when she decided to just put him out of his misery. "I wish I could explain it," Wildfire began honestly, "but I think... I think I'm having second thoughts." The blatant lie burned in her mouth like acid. Looking only at her feet now, she elaborated, "I went away to sort out my thoughts and feelings but it's all just been making me crazy. But I'm pretty sure... Floki, we can't be together anymore." The last five words left her throat in a raspy rush.
Messages In This Thread
Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 05:49 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 07:39 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 09:14 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 09:41 PM