Moonspear Come back to me
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When he took a step toward her, Wildfire fought the instinct to take one back to compensate and keep the distance between them. He was still several yards away, nowhere near touching her. Wildfire swallowed, then stilled when he demanded to know why. Of course, she couldn't tell him the real reason, so what was her fabricated reason for abruptly calling it quits?

"I don't know," she answered, not even having to fake her flustered tone. "I just—" She mentally cast around for some kind of explanation. And then words tumbled thoughtlessly from her mouth. "I just had time to really think about it and we're still so young. And maybe we just aren't that compatible." Only after she said them did she realize these were the exact words Goober had said to her. She fought the sudden urge to vomit.

After fighting back the gorge that rose, Wildfire eked out, "There's part of me that isn't sure about settling down after all." While this part wasn't a lie, per se, it was intentionally misleading. There was part of her that wanted to travel the world but there was a much larger, stronger part of her that had wanted to dedicate her life to Floki, to build a life with him. But when Goober had—had raped her (it was the first time she thought that word, instead of attack), he had also murdered their happy ending.
Messages In This Thread
Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 05:49 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 07:39 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 09:14 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Wildfire - March 13, 2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Come back to me - by Floki - March 13, 2016, 09:41 PM