Firefly Ravine Next Stop.... Where?
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr licked her fur against the way it grew in attempts to dry and warm her, much as a mother would do her pup. He listened to her words carefully, patiently, letting her air her frustrations; his ebony ears plastered to the back of his head as she talked down on herself, and he faltered in his licking for a moment in surprise at her ferocity. Perhaps he would ask her when she was calm, or Lyric if Rain herself didn't understand. 
       "Rain Willow, I am sure your father would have loved you. He may not have THOUGHT he wanted you, but I guarantee if he'd have just met you once he would have never left your side again."
He spoke softly, and between calming strokes of his tongue, right into her ear. He licked the wetness from her face, nuzzling her and attempting to use his familiar scent to relax her further. He'd noticed she seemed to like pushing into spots where his scent was strongest, and if he felt protected around her maybe she would associate his scent with safety.
                   "I know I am not your father, Rain, but darling if you'd let me I'd be happy to act as one to you. I think you are absolutely the most spirited, kind, and loving wolf that I've ever had the chance to meet.... And I've met a lot of wolves! Believe you me sweetie, it is much better to be those things than anything else in the world. Even if you might not be as smart as others, or you're a bit clumsy, you are a golden soul and to me that is the most precious of all." 
He went silent for a little bit, giving her a chance to respond and moving his strokes down her neck and back, hoping the rubbing of her fur backwards was warming and relaxing her. He would groom it back down later if need be.
                                "Did you know that I never had a father either? He did very, very bad things to my mother. I believe he saw me when I was a pup, but my mother wouldn't let him come into the den let alone be a part of my life. He forced puppies upon her, and even though that fact she loved us from the moment she knew she was pregnant. However, not having a mate around for her, I was the only one that survived the harsh Winter. Because of him, nonetheless. I thanked her for keeping him out of my life."
Messages In This Thread
Next Stop.... Where? - by Zephyr Maverick - April 12, 2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Rain Willow - April 13, 2016, 05:55 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Zephyr Maverick - April 14, 2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Rain Willow - April 14, 2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Zephyr Maverick - April 14, 2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Rain Willow - April 15, 2016, 04:40 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Lyric Willow - April 15, 2016, 04:58 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Zephyr Maverick - April 15, 2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Rain Willow - April 16, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Lyric Willow - April 16, 2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Next Stop.... Where? - by Zephyr Maverick - April 16, 2016, 10:59 PM