Hushed Willows Mythic
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
The fact that leadership had been thrust upon her may have caused some of the upset, she thought. Arkham explained his own view of things and Tavi found herself envious at first; he seemed capable, perhaps even strong, like he was built for such things. Tavi was so filled with doubt — she thought she wasn't built for anything anymore, save for being the broodmare of this unwanted litter. That too was undecided - her hormones were in such a state as to grant her some fondness for her round sides, and the sensation of the lives within her moving about was uncomfortable but not so hated. When the time came for the children to be born, she assumed things would right themselves. It was very likely, in her own mind, that these children would not survive past their inception to the world.

But her thoughts were a varied mess, and Tavi was swiftly taken in by Arkham's rumbling voice. It was soothing regardless of how he used it. Then, speaking of his fondness, Tavi felt an uncomfortable wave of something sweep across her. If it were possible she would have blushed rose-pink beneath the gaze of his attention. Their first meeting had been before the bulk of the stress, but she had always been an easily agitated Alpha. His presence had not been taken well by her — unlike now. How things changed.

I am curious, though, of how you came to accept the deal he made with Thuringwethil. Arkham casually brought up one of the many points of contention between Tavi and her partner (ex-partner?), yet all she could think was, What kind of name is Thuringwethil?

She ignored the queries for a few moments, reaching with her crossed paws at a nearby lock of willow; she felt her elbow joints pop pleasantly and the muscles of her sore limbs stretch. As she was re-crossing them, she gave him his answer - I did not accept it. It is why I left. Though she wished to keep herself removed from all things related to the grotto, it seemed as if this conversation would not deviate from it. The answer was short and sharp, and Tavi imagined that thoughts of the Larksong or of Reek would be twin thorns in her side for days to come.

Tavi took a deep breath to steady herself mentally, and then went ahead to explain, I returned and he said nothing of it. Then there were dragons on my land, claiming to be friends, and I gave him a choice, she couldn't even say Reek's name - how ridiculous. I assume Thuring-whatever did not like what she saw, because I did not hear from them again. But then, she hadn't given anything a chance. Maybe she had returned to the grotto with the hopes of sabotaging it? No, she cared for the wolves there - poorly but to the best of her abilities - and seeing them facing off against the Sleeping Dragon was something she could not stand.

If they were to speak of dragons, then she would be urged to ask about Arkham's history too; she watched his face as she spoke but then, when the lull came, shifted gears. What of you? Do the dragons hold you in high esteem or are you an enemy? To trade one enemy of the mountain for another - but they were further still from it, and maybe secret enough that she would be safe here.
Messages In This Thread
Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 02:54 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 03:20 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 03:30 AM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 03:44 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 21, 2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 21, 2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - April 22, 2016, 09:14 AM
RE: Mythic - by RIP Tavi - April 22, 2016, 03:00 PM
RE: Mythic - by Warbone - May 08, 2016, 06:52 PM