one in a minion
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
I hope it's cool that I make a cameo! This will be my only post. :)

Like any Alpha—particularly any new, young Alpha concerned with proving herself—Koontz wondered if she'd made the best decision allowing a blind wolf to join her ranks. He had been part of a packaged deal and she had known that if she had turned him away, she would have lost out on the rest of the group as well. Her reasoning for accepting him wasn't purely self-serving, though; she genuinely wanted to give him a chance. More than anything, she really wanted to see, up close and personal, how a disabled wolf survived.

She also wanted to figure out a way to make him useful. As she walked along the borders presently, she wondered about what sort of duties a blind wolf could perform. Obviously, he could not hunt well, nor fight or guard. Yet in losing one sense, surely his others had sharpened, right? Was it a stretch to imagine that Yildun possessed unequaled hearing? Perhaps she could even take it one step further and assume that he was a good listener. If he was—and if he had the right personality for it—she imagined that the blind Sigma might be a great candidate for the Dreamserpent duties.

Of course, she would have to consult with him, get a feel for his personality and his interests. Koontz did want to speak to him—to all of her new recruits—one-on-one. With Yildun, however, she felt hesitant. She wanted to talk about his disability frankly but without offending him. The young Alpha wanted to turn his handicap into a strength that could serve her pack without offending him. She wasn't sure how to approach him about it just yet, so she held back.

When she heard voices in the distance and realized who the two wolves were—Yildun himself and Two Face—Koontz considered showing herself and speaking with them. The hoary yearling stood out of view, listening. Ultimately, she decided not to interrupt their conversation. As much as she wanted to speak with Yildun, she needed to give her pack mates the opportunity to get to know one another and form bonds too. And she still needed time to think about how to speak with him candidly but diplomatically. She wasn't prepared yet, so she moved on in silence, passing by like nothing more than a silvery shadow.
Messages In This Thread
one in a minion - by Yildun - August 14, 2013, 09:14 PM
RE: one in a minion - by Two Face - August 14, 2013, 11:03 PM
RE: one in a minion - by Yildun - August 15, 2013, 12:03 AM
RE: one in a minion - by Koontz - August 15, 2013, 09:00 AM
RE: one in a minion - by Two Face - August 17, 2013, 08:47 PM
RE: one in a minion - by Yildun - August 29, 2013, 09:58 AM
RE: one in a minion - by Two Face - September 10, 2013, 11:59 PM
RE: one in a minion - by Yildun - September 11, 2013, 10:43 AM
RE: one in a minion - by Two Face - September 15, 2013, 01:52 PM
RE: one in a minion - by Yildun - September 16, 2013, 07:45 PM
RE: one in a minion - by Two Face - September 16, 2013, 08:52 PM