Blackfeather Woods silence & I
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
It seemed Damien had no idea the stakes of what his very words could do to him, if he was overheard plotting against the Alpha. She was curious why Damien was so passionate about serving justice, if he had always come across at the type to act without plan. Whta she had alway infered about his character was that he acted for himself. Sure, forsaking Meldresi's legacy was enough to set anyone off but she could not help feeling there would always be something else in it for the Spiderling. His next words both had her on edge, and confrimed her suspicions. The look in his eye when invisioning Burke steeping down haunted her, but it was ambitious. It was fresh, enticing. It was what made her sure they would have a promising future with a charistmatic head as Damien.

"You are talking about.. overthrowing him? It is treachery. We will be exiled if you fail," It was not hesitance, but warning. They could not afford to fail. She had never even considered the option before. Burke had always been the Alpha, the mentor and anything else just did not suit him. But, perhaps it was best he sat back from now on. Her opinion only hardened when she came to the conclusion his actions had hardly reflected the best interest of the pack, but his own and Malice's. He had slept with a rival pack's Alpha and dared to forsake the Night Mother's holy ground by bringing the disease right to their doorstep. It was not the example fit to lead. However, it did not feel right. She only ever what came first, the pack. Burke no longer seen it that way. Malice blinded him. It could not continue.

"You must understand that this would be much harder for me than you.. However, I am willing to do what I must to ensure the Brotherhood does not die,"

If it was to work, she only seen benefit for herself and her family. Damien would be Alpha, which wasn't such a bad idea and she would continue as Beta. Her children would be the sole Brotherhood litter, not Malice's children. Kove would join her as Beta, and Xan would be apart of the Brotherhood. Perhaps, even Burke could settle as a lower rank and Malice.. well, there was no way she would be anything but Omega. They could have their children, but below others. They could have their happiness, and without damaging the pack. It seemed a win-win situation, however, that was considering Damien would be willing to take mercy. In the Dark woods however, that never seemed an option.

"We must not fail,"
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
silence & I - by Nemesis - May 22, 2016, 05:27 PM
RE: silence & I - by Damien - May 23, 2016, 12:13 PM
RE: silence & I - by Nemesis - May 23, 2016, 12:32 PM
RE: silence & I - by Damien - May 23, 2016, 04:18 PM
RE: silence & I - by Nemesis - May 23, 2016, 04:54 PM
RE: silence & I - by Damien - May 24, 2016, 08:35 PM
RE: silence & I - by Nemesis - May 24, 2016, 09:15 PM
RE: silence & I - by Damien - May 25, 2016, 01:39 PM