Sleeping Dragon i could feel it from the start, couldn't stand to be apart
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary

There was little shame in what the coywolf did. He had trailed after Kaliska for a large portion of their lives and she had only left his side within the last year. She had truly had a knack for herbs and a vast knowledge of the healing world. Gluska had spent enough time dotingly at her side to have learned a large chunk of her trade for himself. While her games did very little to titillate the copper-tipped wolf, her sharp mind had been something of an inspiration to him. It was the only reason he had found his way into the Sleeping Dragon brood in the first place. Without it, the dark-furred leader would have probably turned him away from her carefully guarded borders. Instead, she had opened a door.

The present ink-coated wolf seemed to have given him the green light in regards to her healthcare. He bobbed his head once or twice with enthusiasm that would have more appropriately matched a child. With the permission to treat her wounds, the unknown woman would have opened another door for the mischievous skeletal male. Time spent with others allowed for more words to pass between them. He would need to know his fellow pack mates before they would allow his practice…

At the mention of what else may have ailed her, she seemed to take on a different sort of approach. Before, she had reacted with nonchalance and indifference. While her humor had been dry and caustic, the trouble that seemed to have clouded her mind was something that did not bring about a trenchant comment. Instead, she inquired to him about the capabilities he had with the mind. Another door; this one, however, was the most stimulating.

“The mind is tricky,” he responded in an eager voice. His eyes widened a bit as he scanned her figure once more. “Trickier than the body, that is certain.” The wounds she had received from the bear would leave her with physical scars and a chance that she would fear the hulking and hairy beasts, but the damage that could be caused mentally had a chance to change her forever. “You feel uneasy? Lost, perhaps?” the cadaverous male squinted at her through a single eye.

“I can help you,” he spoke with a strange certainty. While this was something that could very well prove to be untrue, Gluskap’s morbid curiosity did not allow for him to deny her. “I know of herbs to soothe the mind. Relax the spirit. But if it is beyond the healing powers of mere plant life, it may require a more verbal treatment,” Glu warned her, still squinting through a single, glinting yellow optic. After a long pause, his face cracked into an open-mouthed grin and he chortled lightheartedly. “But we’ll discuss that later. I’m certain I’ll be seeing quite a bit of you.” His ivory canines peeked from underneath his lips.

Messages In This Thread