Hushed Willows would you still love me the same.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Octavia confirmed Harlyn's suspicions - her son was young and he was her only. She stored the facts away in her mind for safekeeping for now was not the time to start considering her place in this pack. While she had given up on rank and prestige for herself, it mattered only for the sake of her children. Would they be treated as lesser to this young boy because his mother was alpha and she was just another subordinate? Would that matter to these wolves she now lived amongst? Harlyn was not willing to take any chances, but rising in the ranks was a priority for another day. Today, her only goal was to bring her family here and get them settled. The rest would come later, and naturally.

In spite of her thoughts, Harlyn nodded and shared a smile at the woman's comments on her son. Tambourine was his name, and it struck her as a funny little name. Little did she realize that it was well-suited for the funny little boy, and so she thought it better to keep such a comment to herself, not wanting her new alpha to take it as an insult when it wasn't meant as such. For a moment, she began to wonder if he might grow into a man her own Larkspur might take fancy to. Certainly he would be meant to rise as alpha of this pack one day, and that would mean safety and honor for her own daughter if he did take her as his mate. But it would also mean there was no place for her sons if they too aspired to the rank.

It was amidst these quiet, wandering thoughts that another wolf appeared. In spite of herself, Harlyn rose slightly to face him as he came to Octavia's side. She assumed that this was one of the wolves she had summoned and so she regarded him with respectful curiosity. Meanwhile, her heart was growing anxious to return to her family and get them safely within the borders.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 07:50 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 03, 2016, 04:56 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 03, 2016, 11:43 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 08:19 AM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 01:14 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 02:05 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 02:44 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Harlyn - June 04, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by RIP Tavi - June 04, 2016, 03:55 PM
RE: would you still love me the same. - by Stark - June 05, 2016, 09:53 PM