Stavanger Bay myself and the powers of darkness
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Skellige would never have realized that the young female did not know anything about the ways of the mystics; she spoke as though she had been given directions from the great body of water itself. As the titan drew his ears forward to capture everything she would say, he found himself growing proud of the slender woman. She had been found, somewhat scattered, on the cliffs and yet once she had been turned to the swell of the ocean, it had awakened something inside of her that boasted confidence and knowledge. He could not help but to believe that it was all meant to be and that her presence there was a blessing in itself to the wolves of the ocean.

The witch doctor spoke of plum whiskey and strings of kelp. Skellige held her gaze captive with his own while she continued to talk of their blessing and her many preparations. Though his expression was stern, there was an excitement that seemed to bubble from within his chest. They were drawing closer to their goal and he knew that it would not belong before they would be able to stake their claim on the bay. The great black rock beneath the waters had done well for him; the mystics had erected a landmark to sing praises to his occupying that stretch of sea. They would be satisfied with all that Doe had arranged for them, and he did not fear that they would deny a blessing to his lands.

Once the girl had finished her explanation, the wraith bobbed his head sagely and turned his vision toward the waters with a quiet sigh. He could not have imagined that the witch doctor would become so important to him, but she had. The strange quirks that she had provided were something of a comfort, and the brute felt as though his home had been planted on new sands. While he was capable of it, the girl would not see his rage on that day. Instead, he sought to offer her something more in return for all that she had done for the sea and for his legacy.

Turning the dark mahogany of his gaze back to the canary-eyed girl, he fixed her with a stare that spoke of the importance of his intentions. “You have done well to prepare for this ceremony, and I am pleased with all that you have accomplished,” he spoke to her in a grumbling voice and his eyes flashed for a moment on the slender form of the woman. “Your role here will be crucial at all times; you must understand this. As a witch doctor, you will be a great insight to the mystics, as will any others who are chosen by them. But you have shown great promise and I should ask you one thing; take the position of Atoll. You have earned it, even more than my own kin.”

As he bore into her with his gaze, he awaited the response that would follow. Surely, the woman would not deny him… she never had.
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
Messages In This Thread
myself and the powers of darkness - by Doe - July 08, 2016, 10:52 PM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Skellige - July 09, 2016, 12:45 AM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Doe - July 09, 2016, 02:37 AM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Skellige - July 09, 2016, 03:07 AM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Doe - July 09, 2016, 03:31 AM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Skellige - July 22, 2016, 05:19 AM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Doe - July 22, 2016, 02:40 PM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Skellige - July 23, 2016, 10:46 PM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Doe - July 24, 2016, 12:35 AM
RE: myself and the powers of darkness - by Skellige - August 13, 2016, 02:33 PM