Sunbeam Lair you are a language i am no longer fluent in but still remember how to read
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
She hadn’t known what to expect from him. To at least look at her, perhaps, but he had not and so she’d abandoned the thought. All she could hope was that, in the very least, he’d not take off again. And so when his answer was given, it should have put her at ease, but had instead done the exact opposite. A cocktail of unease, concern, and worry flowed all throughout her body and then deposited into her stomach, where it would settle and harden. Each second that passed her by only added onto the weight, whilst the flash of his teeth had made it increase tenfold in an instant. She’d kept herself from taking another step forward after that, essentially gluing herself to the earth.

As he spoke, she listened closely. The first statement to be made had left her expecting the worst. Did it mean that he planned to leave? Not a word was said as she waited to hear what else he might say, which had been for the best, she’d realized. For the next thing to be said had given her hope—hope that he would not leave them all behind, that he would stay with them. Yet, it was a feeling that she hadn’t been left to focus on, for Damien was brought up. Whilst he’d not been mentioned by name, she knew who the he in question was without having to really think about it. The first thing that she could think to say was, “Without my brother here, I cannot send word to him.” Another that had left, and whose whereabouts were unknown.

Asterr was quiet for a moment, searching for the right words to say. Could she keep her friend away? Truthfully, she didn’t know, and likely wouldn’t find out until she was put in the position to do so. She would try, though, knowing that the tribe and those within it came before outsiders. There was also the concern that, if Ukko was their father, having another male around would only confuse or destroy them, which she couldn’t allow to happen. “If he arrives at the lair’s entrance, I will turn him away,” she’d decided. Some part of her knew that doing so would likely be better for everyone involved, but that hadn’t prevented her from feeling somewhat guilty.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”