Redhawk Caldera See the line where the sky meets the sea, it calls me
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
While Elwood was a smart wolf, this was perhaps not one of his best moments. He watched with bated breath as Lagan obediently followed his directions, submerging his snout into the water. But Elwood hadn't thought to check the temperature; obviously, he knew it was cold, but it didn't occur to him that it would be so cold as to cause Lagan more discomfort.

So when the boy suddenly reared back, his neck twisting in a way that didn't even seem plausible, Elwood paced backwards quickly, caught off guard by the abrupt reaction. A few drops of water flew so far as to splatter on his own nose, and he was blinking in surprise when Lagan sneezed. When he retrained his gaze on his son, Elwood said, "Oh good--" but quickly interrupted himself with a strangled sound at the sight of the blood pooling on the snow. Lagan had sneezed the icicle off, but had managed to rip his tongue in the process.

Now Elwood knew he was in over his head. How the heck was he supposed to stop a tongue from bleeding? "Okay, hang on, bud -- I'm going to call for @Raven to come help," he said as calmly as he could, then tipped his head back and howled for his niece. This would be the first nor last time he requested the young medic's assistance.
Messages In This Thread
RE: See the line where the sky meets the sea, it calls me - by Elwood - December 21, 2016, 01:21 PM