Big Salmon Lake fist full of restrictions
<small><b>AVATAR BY EMALEE.</b></small>
121 Posts
Ooc —
When Rivet spoke, Turquoise realized that she had not understood what she meant. She felt immensely guilty over the misapprehension, though there was part of her that also felt resentful at the concept of being unallowed to do what she wanted. That was exactly why she was questioning everything and Turq knew she had to make Rivet understand, as painful as it might be for her to hear.

Rivet's pleading question made Turquoise's lips part to answer her, to reassure her, then they pinched shut when she realized that doing so would conflict with what she needed to say. She swallowed thickly, uncertain of where to start. Rivet's whimpers and tears made everything all the more wrenching.

"That's the thing, Riv," she said softly. She tried to hold the DeMonte's gaze but shame caused her eyes to drop to her black toes. "I don't just want to talk to them. I want to flirt with them." She sucked in a deep breath. "I love you. I truly do. I just don't think I'm cut out for a monogamous relationship. That's why I think it might be best to let you go."

Turquoise let those words hang in between them a moment before trying to explain. "I don't think we're meeting one another's needs. I've come to realize that I want to be wild, free, unchained. You want something much steadier and committed. There's nothing wrong with either one of those. They're just... incompatible. Trying to stick it out will only hurt both of us and make us unhappy." She paused and plunged ahead. "I think it's already been making me unhappy and I take it out on you by being totally shitty, which is... well, shitty."

She sucked in her lower lip and finally peeked upward at Rivet, trying to gauge the expression on her face and waiting to hear what Rivet had to say to all of this. The only other thing she added was, "I don't want to betray you. I want to let you go before I really hurt you, Rivet."
Messages In This Thread
fist full of restrictions - by Rivet - August 30, 2013, 12:35 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Turquoise - August 30, 2013, 03:12 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Rivet - August 30, 2013, 04:52 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Turquoise - August 30, 2013, 09:10 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Rivet - August 31, 2013, 01:56 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Turquoise - September 02, 2013, 12:26 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Rivet - September 06, 2013, 12:07 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Turquoise - September 06, 2013, 02:15 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Rivet - September 06, 2013, 02:46 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Turquoise - September 06, 2013, 05:39 PM
RE: fist full of restrictions - by Rivet - September 06, 2013, 06:23 PM