Redhawk Caldera blackhawk/redthorn
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
SHADOWPOSTED BLAST lol *edits*

Finley shivered as she stepped back inside in her mate's wake. It really was a complete shit show out there. First cold, then storms, and now ice. She had thought her pack safe now that they were sheltering in the cave that had seen them through so many other disasters, and perhaps they were, so long as they stayed indoors. After what had happened to Charlotte, Fin was very close to demanding that all wolves stay inside at all times until the weather had passed. But there was only so much food they could haul into the shelter with them. They would need to leave to bring more in when it became necessary, and so Finley periodically went out just to gaze up at the slopes of the Caldera that stretched up from the cave's entrance, eyeing the snow and ice that steadily collected upon the terrain.

The alpha was taking stock of those currently inside when she heard Raven call to her. Glancing at Elwood, she trotted towards the back of the den to look at her goddaughter, canting her head lightly as she listened to her commentary. Fin slid down onto her belly and laid sphinx-like before the firebirds, gazing thoughtfully at them. "I suppose they are old enough now," Fin said, feeling oddly reluctant to go ahead and give them their proper names. Had it been long enough? What if Fox's insane beliefs were right and it truly was bad luck to name them too early? Not that their luck could be called good by any stretch of the imagination at this point, but still...

Fin smirked lightly when Raven suggested calling one of the twins Towhee. "You want to name Teehee Towhee? I'm all for that," she said, offering her opinion with a slightly wag of her tail, "Oriole's good too, I think. Not a whole lot of orange and black animals we can choose from, anyway." Her eyes slipped up to Elwood, wondering what he thought of the first two. She looked back at Raven then as she went on with Fennec Fox and then.. Oh hells no.

"No," Fin said shortly, shaking her head, "No Juniors." Her ears fell back then as she realized how harsh she sounded, and also how odd it probably seemed for her to say when she had a junior herself, "I don't think your dad would want another Junior, I mean. Not after the first..." She bit her lip, searching Raven's face. She remembered how her niece had reacted after Peregrine had.. ah, dispatched the first Junior.

But um. Moving on.

"Maybe we can call Fidget Phox instead," she offered, attempting to distract from the awkwardness that was bad reactions and horrible memories, "I've seen black foxes before, and Screech looks more gray than tan like a fennec fox." She peered thoughtfully at him before giving a shrug and looking at the black and white girl instead as Elwood gestured towards her. "What do you think of Tapir for Widget?" she mused aloud, ignorant of the fact that there's no way she should know wtf a tapir is, "Or Lemur." Cause the Wilds are crawling with those, for sure, "Orrr..... Cow..." She shook her head. This was hard.

Messages In This Thread
blackhawk/redthorn - by Raven - January 25, 2017, 03:10 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Elwood - January 25, 2017, 09:35 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Finley - January 25, 2017, 09:46 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Raven - January 26, 2017, 09:00 AM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Elwood - January 26, 2017, 09:31 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Finley - February 02, 2017, 07:16 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Raven - February 02, 2017, 07:27 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Elwood - February 06, 2017, 09:48 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Finley - February 11, 2017, 06:38 PM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Raven - February 12, 2017, 10:52 AM
RE: blackhawk/redthorn - by Elwood - February 14, 2017, 09:50 PM