Redhawk Caldera The snuggle is real
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
There are a couple of ways that I could have seen this going - both involving guilt and regret. First, the thought that she should have told him sooner. Lucy was his daughter, he deserved to know what had happened. He deserved to know that his little girl had been found, safe and sound in a forest not far from the Caldera. How much had he suffered with worry and heartache over their girl? The truth was painful, but it was not a pain she should have suffered through alone. He was her mate. They were partners, through good times and bad. She should not have shut him out for as long as she had, no matter how well intentioned it was. She wanted to spare him pain. But maybe more than that, she wanted to spare herself the misery of reliving that day.

But, that is simply not how Finley Blackthorn is made. Hers is the type of character that did not think I should have told him sooner... No, Finley instead was struck almost instantly with the thought I should never have said anything....

But it was too late for that now. Finley, in a brief moment of bravery had decided to be exactly the type of wolf she had always longed to be; the kind of wolf who shared their feelings instead of cowering away from the fallout that sometimes came with it. The moment was fleeting, and now she was stuck in this one where her mate was staring at her with shock and hurt in his eyes.

Hawkin was so right. Finley would always, always find a way to fuck everything up.

"She was in the Heartwood," Fin said softly, turning her eyes downward towards the pup in her arms, seeing Lucy instead, "She was by herself, nervous but healthy enough. We talked a little. I told her I'd take her home and promised I'd never let anything happen to her again. I told her I was sorry - that we were sorry."

"She ran from me," the Blackthorn said then after a moment of quiet where she'd been too choked up to continue, and too miserable to find the words. "She said that I had abandoned her, and that if I'd really been looking for her, it wouldn't have taken us this long. She said she had a new family, that she wanted nothing to do with us anymore..." That she hated me... Fin couldn't bring herself to say the last words aloud, nor any others in spite of all she could have. She felt so unbelievably empty, as though the only thing she'd had inside of her were those last few moments with Lucy. Now it was out. It felt like there was nothing left.

Messages In This Thread
The snuggle is real - by Elwood - January 10, 2017, 08:04 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Finley - January 14, 2017, 12:28 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Elwood - January 15, 2017, 09:09 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Finley - January 18, 2017, 07:59 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Elwood - January 21, 2017, 09:26 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Finley - January 25, 2017, 07:34 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Elwood - January 31, 2017, 10:02 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Finley - February 02, 2017, 07:57 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Elwood - February 08, 2017, 09:41 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Finley - February 11, 2017, 06:29 PM
RE: The snuggle is real - by Elwood - February 14, 2017, 01:20 PM