Wapun Meadow but you see, it's not me, it's not my family
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Wapun Meadow had been said to harbour a pack, a rumour which appeared in part to be true; however, the trail treaded down by the wolves that had lived here carried only stale scents, and none among them particularly dominant. After inspecting for a while, Jinx was made to assume the wolves here had moved on; it brought a grim satisfaction, for while it was always a sad thing when a pack's members were scattered to the winds (she believed often they died, unable to settle elsewhere, although that was probably not the reality; and in believing so, the disbanding of an established pack always pulled at her heartstrings, even if she could not stop it), it was also telling. Sos had punished her in the forest, leaving spiritual scars that still ached, but he had also done her a favour: he had dashed out her competition, leaving this entire side of the valley utterly untouched.

She took the opportunity to scout and see what the disbanded wolves had left behind; she suspected little, as they were now labeled vagrants and likely took what they could with them to up their chances of survival, but perhaps one or two had left behind some unturned caches. Her nose therefore was close to the ground, and her vision limited; she came upon Zombie quite by accident, although it was a lot more interesting to find one of the abandoned inhabitants than digging up the pack's abandoned spoils.

Her head lifted so that she was staring down at the rusted female's spine, and a surge of emotion — pity, or disgust, maybe a mix of both — rushed through her stomach at how hopeless she seemed. Jinx would maybe have moved on, left the poor thing to its death, but there was something else that stopped her from doing so: a flicker of anger, and disbelief. She would never know where it came from; Sos, maybe, telling her something important, or childish determination. She didn't think about it, and probably never would.

“Get up,” she said, a little curtly, with an expression that had hardened even though it was compassion that brought the words forth. “You are a wolf. We do not lie down and let death catch us; where is your pride? Where is your fight?”
Messages In This Thread
but you see, it's not me, it's not my family - by Zombie - September 10, 2013, 12:49 PM
RE: but you see, it's not me, it's not my family - by Jinx - September 11, 2013, 05:24 PM
RE: but you see, it's not me, it's not my family - by Zombie - September 12, 2013, 10:51 PM
RE: but you see, it's not me, it's not my family - by Jinx - September 17, 2013, 04:07 PM
RE: but you see, it's not me, it's not my family - by Zombie - November 11, 2013, 06:29 PM