Silver Creek sail with me into the dark
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Thank the gods, Lilah listened to him and finally called for her superior. She didn't offer any explanation as to who she was summoning, and she still hadn't even explained what had her so worked up about this upcoming interaction. Maybe she was just kind of a nervous wolf in general? She hadn't seemed that way at first-- actually she had been really fun for a minute-- but it seemed like as soon as these Row-Zings people were brought up, she turned into a terrified puddle of un-fun mush. So, long story short, Dash was going in completely blind here. Not that he had ever been much of a planner, but it would have been nice to have just an inkling of what to expect. 

Luck was on the boy’s side for once, because they did not have to wait long for their audience. A man swathed in chocolates and creams approached. Dash couldn’t put his paw on what it was about the man, but something about the way he carried himself made him seem important. Dash drew himself up a little taller, not in a dominant way, just in a way that would help in make the best possible first impression under the circumstances. Not only did this guy seem important, he seemed cool. How did he pull that off? Dash would have to pay attention and learn, if he was allowed to stick around.

”Uh, j-just f-freezing our t-tails off,” Dash answered cheerfully, upbeat despite the chill in his bones. Meeting new friends always energized him. "Th-this lady here, m-m-Miss Liliah, sure is a clumsy one! F-f-fell right in that creek, l-lucky I was there to s-s-save her.” Dash seemed to swell as he finished his story, immensely proud of his heroics. Maybe the story would make the chocolate-pelted man think Dash was important too—even just a little bit.

I j-just wanted t-to make sure s-s-she got returned t-to you s-safely,” he finished, apple-green eyes cutting over to Lilah. She had told him to say that part, about wanting to see that she got home safely. Hey, it wasn’t a lie exactly—Dash definitely didn’t want anything bad to happen to Lilah or anything—but what he really wanted was a warm place to recover for himself. It seemed like beating around the bush to say it any other way… why couldn’t he just ask for what he wanted?
Messages In This Thread
sail with me into the dark - by Dashiell - November 27, 2018, 02:47 PM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Lilah Silverback - November 27, 2018, 05:56 PM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Grayson - November 28, 2018, 11:31 AM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Dashiell - November 28, 2018, 12:51 PM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Lilah Silverback - November 30, 2018, 10:07 AM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Grayson - December 16, 2018, 06:34 PM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Dashiell - December 18, 2018, 11:53 AM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Lilah Silverback - December 19, 2018, 07:54 PM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Grayson - December 28, 2018, 12:37 PM
RE: sail with me into the dark - by Dashiell - December 31, 2018, 12:05 PM