Hushed Willows it's in the lap of the gods
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
srry this is bad :(

it's the most she's spoken to him in one go -- he's had the sense she's chatty from their meetings, but it's sort of pleasant to be the sole subject of it. delight likes just being able to listen, nodding along with her, though what she says strikes him as sad. not in a pathetic way, but in a -- hm. what would it be like if he could go home? elysium is his home, sure, but how she means it. before he came here home. buried under ten feet of snow home. it's there, surely, and probably filled with skeletons, literally.

that strikes him as grimly amusing, and a sharp chuckle escapes him before he can help himself. "sorry," delight mumbles, his expression turning more somber at her question. "honestly," he says, sucking in a breath, "i couldn't leave seabreeze. not again." his love for alarian was no match against seabreeze; his reunion with her had kept him together and she'd been the one to nurse him back from death's door. she'd been the one to take in his children despite their ... more difficult tendencies. no, really, it'd been no contest. "i love her," he murmurs, "always have -- after everything we've both been through, i never want to let her go again."

embarrassed by his admission, delight stares at his paws, rather glad he's more or less hidden in the darkness despite the stars illumination. "and alarian was... capricious," he says, deciding on the word hesitantly, "not - he didn't mean to be, i don't think, but there's only so much my heart can take."
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
Messages In This Thread
it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 17, 2018, 10:21 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - December 24, 2018, 02:26 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 24, 2018, 11:57 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - December 25, 2018, 12:08 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 26, 2018, 07:47 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Ariel - December 28, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: it's in the lap of the gods - by Lily - December 28, 2018, 07:41 PM