Without you, I've lost my way
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Julooke looked like she might decline the meat, yet her stomach snarled in protest before she could even think of it. Smiling sideways at her, Koontz remained quiet as the Kappa ate her fill. Her lips twitched downward when she replayed Julooke's question in her head. Her gaze dropped contemplatively to the ground. I wish I could, she thought but she said nothing. She figured the question had been entirely rhetorical, a desperate inquiry sprung from a heart wrenched with grief.

"You're welcome," Koontz said only when the Kappa was done. "I recently decided to take on the Boneknapper duty, so it was good practice," she said, lips twitching upward this time. "When you're up for it, I'd love to talk about what duties might fit you. That would be the best way to help out." The way she spoke made it clear that she didn't hold Julooke's lack of activity against her, though there was the unspoken expectation that all members of Dragonwatchers contribute.

At the mention of Yildun's name, Koontz's eyes lit up subtly. "I thought so too but I'm glad to hear it from someone else," the young Alpha female said, unaware of the broadening smile creeping onto her face as she spoke of the Gamma. "I didn't know what to make of his blindness when he first came here but I see now that he's more than made up for his lost sense. He kind of helps me look at the world in an entirely different way when I'm with him..." Julooke surely knew what she meant. Koontz's pale eyes found and held hers, glowing almost conspiratorially.
Messages In This Thread
Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 09:00 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 09:26 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - September 27, 2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - September 27, 2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - October 05, 2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Koontz - October 06, 2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Without you, I've lost my way - by Julooke - October 06, 2013, 09:30 PM