Deepwood Weald and every day, I'd add another stone to keep you safe
إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام
104 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Marruz's ears perked at the man's words. He was pleased to hear that indeed, he had not commit the imbroglio spawned from such false identifications. What was more — he was the son of the Meldresi Melonii. 

The boy, though raised far from the heartlands of the Melonii heritage, had heard the sacred name only few times prior, but it held no less stark an impact upon the crystal air. Nevertheless, such impressions were void on the phlegmatic darkling's agile frame. Indeed, the most excitable shift across his features rested solely upon the minute twitch of his aforementioned ears. As always, this did not even touch his glassy orbs.

"If you need confirmation, I am a Melonii myself," Marruz's tone retained its habitual spleen. "I'm the second eldest to M'aiq and Missamsi."

He paused to glance upwards; searching for a stretch of the serene beyond. If he could just catch a glimpse of the stars he might find a better answer. For now, however, he only shrugged with a residual sigh.

"I'm not exactly sure why I'm here," he squared his stance with the air of one indifferent to their feeble response. A whorl of ashen carbon dioxide escaped the precipitous sponge of his nose. Marruz never broke his gaze. "But the stars are guiding me. And this is where they have pointed all my life." He did not mention the man who had chased him away — did not even try to hint towards the hell he had fled. There was no trace of the twisted bond he shared with two brothers. Above all, there was not even a glimmer of the phantom pains of his absent youth.

ابن النجوم
"son of the stars"
Messages In This Thread
RE: and every day, I'd add another stone to keep you safe - by Marruz - January 30, 2019, 07:54 PM