Phoenix Maplewood i was the one who stood in rain
172 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Her meeting with Merrit had broken her, in a way. She'd come away from their conversation with no less grief than before, but the feeling is different now. This time it comes with betrayal, with anger; she isn't used to feeling this way, and to call it disconcerting feels like it would be an understatement. The fact that she hadn't returned to Easthollow alone is still a shock to her, and she can hardly begin to process the feelings behind it. All she knows is that she can't go back, not when her mother has already made it so clear that she is moving on without her.
She'd said little to @Derg about it, too wrapped up in hiding her turmoil to offer many details, though it'd likely been obvious anyway. She hopes he'd gotten the gist of it, at least: she'd found her brother, but she cannot (will not) return to her home. Eventually, she knows, she'll have to speak to someone about it — perhaps not Derg, not if she wants him to see her as strong (which she's likely failing at achieving anyway), but someone. Nevermind that she doesn't actually have any other friends.
Their trips together help, though. Over the last few weeks, her anxiety regarding their traveling has melted away almost entirely, and she finds herself eager now whenever birdboy mentions another trip. She's grown more confident in her own wanderings, too. Though darkness has already fallen over the land, she strays farther than she's dared yet, letting the man slip out of view as she explores the snow-kissed forest. She pauses every few steps to inspect some new discovery, upturning snow occasionally with her muzzle to see what lies beneath. She's lost in her own world, oblivious to the dark wolf just ahead, though she won't be for long; her own path leads straight toward him, oblivious as she is.
Messages In This Thread
i was the one who stood in rain - by Aries - February 23, 2019, 11:32 AM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Keen - February 23, 2019, 01:05 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Aries - February 23, 2019, 01:31 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Keen - February 23, 2019, 01:42 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Aries - February 23, 2019, 02:39 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Keen - February 23, 2019, 02:56 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Aries - February 23, 2019, 03:14 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Keen - February 23, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Aries - February 23, 2019, 04:11 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Keen - February 23, 2019, 04:42 PM
RE: i was the one who stood in rain - by Aries - February 24, 2019, 03:59 PM