Swiftcurrent Creek please say you love me · pack meeting
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
They had departed from their slumbering children together, moving to intercept the wolves that would gather at the rendezvous point; he cast a fleeting look back at the burrow as the distance grew, but knew that the children were safe for the time being. There were other pressing matters to attend to. Upon arriving, Njal stood quietly next to his wife - listening to Bazi recount in the barest manner possible the events that led to Fox's departure from the creek; he had meant to tell Tuwawi more details, but she had been absent in her quest to the north. Their time spent together after her return was solemn, spent tending to their children and resting for this exact moment. Bazi showed very little remorse for sending their leader away, which actually raised Njal's spirits - the two women had been friends, good friends, and yet Bazi managed to do what was right for the creek without guilt. She was stronger than he thought.

"That makes me your Alpha by default. I am appointing Scimitar as my Beta, effective immediately - he has served the pack well, and led you all in a successful hunt." As Bazi outlined this change, the warden cast a careful glance towards the male mentioned. They had worked together various times, but Njal did not know him very well. If Bazi trusted him then that was enough. He seemed like a strong choice. She went on to speak of further changes, which piqued his interest, for she spoke the names of the two oldest members of the pack: himself, and his wife. "Since Njal and Tuwawi have their paws full with four children, I would also like to appoint two counselors from the lower tiers to help govern the pack.." He stopped listening at this point. It wasn't a sense of ambition or irritation that prompted this, but the subtle change in Tuwawi next to him; Njal could pick up on it easily, and knew the statement Bazi had made did not sit well with the fire-born woman.

He was moving past the words though, missing their implication as he often did, and opened his mouth to name some wolves for the counselor positions. "Dani-" the silver beast started to say, to second the choice and throw his support behind one of the few wolves he knew among those gathered. But his voice was swiftly overtaken by the sound of Tuwawi. "Njal and I intend to leave the creek," she stated plainly, but with enough force that it seemed decided. In that moment Njal realized that.. Yes, they had decided this. There was no going back. But he felt a sliver of guilt strike at his own heart as his gaze shifted back to their leader - it wasn't Bazi's fault that they wanted out.

"We seek to travel North... and raise our children further from Sunspire." Tuwawi finished, and at this moment Njal stepped forward to stand beside her. They were united in this, as they were united in everything. Njal watched Bazi for her reaction and ignored everyone else - searching her expression for acceptance, even perhaps excitement for the budding family; however, he was swift to assume that anger would take its place. If Bazi was anything like Fox, the pair had just resigned themselves from their roles in the pack and would be swiftly chased out. The warden was thus made quite tense. Thoughts of their children rose to the forefront of his mind and a sudden eagerness to be with them made Njal wish to turn tail.
Messages In This Thread
please say you love me · pack meeting - by Bazi - August 02, 2014, 12:45 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Njal - August 02, 2014, 02:51 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kaskara - August 02, 2014, 03:13 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Galileo - August 02, 2014, 03:39 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Shadow - August 02, 2014, 06:04 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Scimitar - August 03, 2014, 04:03 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Star - August 05, 2014, 05:14 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Razo - August 06, 2014, 08:31 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Bazi - August 07, 2014, 06:43 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Galileo - August 07, 2014, 06:34 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Shadow - August 07, 2014, 10:58 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Njal - August 08, 2014, 01:35 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kieran - August 10, 2014, 09:17 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Star - August 11, 2014, 07:55 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Scimitar - August 11, 2014, 12:06 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kaskara - August 12, 2014, 11:42 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Bazi - August 12, 2014, 03:49 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Galileo - August 13, 2014, 09:15 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Shadow - August 13, 2014, 11:12 PM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Kaskara - August 14, 2014, 09:35 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by RIP Star - August 16, 2014, 12:36 AM
RE: please say you love me · pack meeting - by Scimitar - August 17, 2014, 10:47 AM