Witch's Marsh I'm in my tropical love-land.
the phoenix prince
64 Posts
Ooc — Etkri
[Image: banner_by_etkri-dc1tt1y.jpg]

Getting wet was just another fact of life, and having grown up in a bogged down marshland, Kukulkan had extensive experience adjusting to the unyielding demands of such an environment. Though it was worth noting that as his stay in this northern region extended, the stark differences between northern humidity and southern humidity became cruelly obvious. Certain nuances that might have been helpful back in his first lands seemed to leave him in a bit of a predicament here.

For instance, staying out of the waters.

Down south, once you were wet there was no point trying to stay dry - the heat and humidity would make it cling to you. You'd simply accept it, hell, even throw it back in its face by embracing it before it had a chance to lay claim. Rivers, streams, and even ponds were relaxing places to rest while you waited out the rains - the waters kept a consistent temperature and you weren't subjected to the winds.

But these Wilds were not so forgiving. As the towering beast smelled the first hints of oncoming rain - even through the damp air, he knew it like an old friend - he'd made his way to the nearest water source. The ground cracked and sloshed beneath his paws as he trailed through, the chill and the water conspiring to breed the frailest of ices. The dark had swallowed him whole by the time he came to the pond, bathed in lilies and hearing the final round of the amphibious chorus before they retreated from the rain.

One step after the other, K descended into the waters, hissing through his teeth for the first few seconds as he let that chill seep through. He had noticed, however, that once the chill started to subside, the air above the water seemed deceptively colder than the waters he stood in, persuading him to keep himself crouched and submerged up to the neck as he gently waded around, idle and in awe of the skies.

With his dark head and the black of night coated everywhere, the boy hadn't noticed how invisible he'd become.

Not until she'd arrived and appeared, for all intents and purposes, hypnotized by the faded, twinkling, blanket of stars that draped across the entirety of the heavens. The subtle greys of the rain clouds were now drifting away quickly - as low clouds do - to the east, as though they'd been banished. And while Kukulkan couldn't clearly see Ibis's face, there was... a weight in the air.

He sensed the gravity.

"Ibis..?" Soft words, quiet, though against the silence they may as well have been a crack of thunder. Water gently sloshed as the tall brute slowly stood, making a careful approach to the shore. Ears perked forwards, a warm smile revealing those snaggleteeth as he spoke with more warmth, more of himself, "Been a a hot minute there, ain't seen ya. I, well I figured ye'd be moved on by now er somthin'." She wasn't part of a pack, had family missing, and last they'd spoken she seemed less than thrilled with this area. Or, at least, with its current season.

"Ya hurt?"
An adventurer at heart, the boy could not comprehend why an unshackled wolf would stay where they were not happy. Not with endless possibilities all around them...

@Ibis
[Image: murdermuffin666_by_etkri-dc1wf3p.png]
Messages In This Thread
I'm in my tropical love-land. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 12, 2019, 12:27 AM
RE: I'm in my tropical love-land. - by Kukulkan - November 12, 2019, 01:18 AM
RE: I'm in my tropical love-land. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 12, 2019, 01:37 AM
RE: I'm in my tropical love-land. - by Kukulkan - November 12, 2019, 06:15 PM
RE: I'm in my tropical love-land. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 12, 2019, 06:49 PM