Witch's Marsh a dancing dream of all eternity
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She did not know what to expect from this creature; a part of her thought that maybe her presence would drive them off, or maybe they would attack her, seeing her as competition. Rather than any negative reaction there came words - off-kilter but pleasing too, in their difference. Their cadence was understandable but curious, and very much unlike what Ibis was used to. While she could not help but compare the creature physically to a fox or some other pest, there was a clear intelligence in them. A different form of life from the pure wolf. That didn't mean they couldn't get along, though—as the stranger proved just by being present.

The fact that the stranger seemed to like the swamp was endearing. They spoke of themselves in third-person and that was a bit unnerving, but at least Ibis wouldn't have to ask for a name. Maiira—beautiful. Ibis wondered what it meant, but shelved that thought when the slim creature turned the conversation back upon her. The question isn't a complicated one.

I live here. At first it was just me and my brother, but I've made some friends... And we hope to outlive the winter here. But even now there was some stirring of doubt within the small band; the marsh was too cold and wet, and the more bellies they collected would require better hunting, which the marsh could not support.
Messages In This Thread
a dancing dream of all eternity - by Maiira - November 08, 2019, 12:46 AM
RE: a dancing dream of all eternity - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 08, 2019, 12:55 AM
RE: a dancing dream of all eternity - by Maiira - November 12, 2019, 11:13 PM
RE: a dancing dream of all eternity - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 13, 2019, 12:46 AM
RE: a dancing dream of all eternity - by Maiira - November 21, 2019, 02:44 PM
RE: a dancing dream of all eternity - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 21, 2019, 03:23 PM
RE: a dancing dream of all eternity - by Maiira - December 04, 2019, 02:16 PM