Fox's Glade take it slow
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
idk if this makes sense hahaha
Even though he had turned away, his head still felt stupid. Or, well, maybe it was his heart. It felt a bit quicker, a bit zingier than usual. Were hearts ever zingy? Gosh, maybe he was dying -- and honestly, maybe that might be preferrable, if he ever looked back on this -- but he didn't really think long about either of those things, because he was already too busy thinking about how he looked, specifically, whether his smile was reading like 'hey friends I am nice and I would like to become friends or something maybe please' or if his smile rather looked creepy, like a 'hey girls *brow waggle*' ... um... yeah, something Kaito's brain was entirely not programmed to even think.

So he actually missed half of what Leta said, and caught everything all the same, and he ended up blinking for a hot minute before he even realized he'd been addressed. "Oh, oh, yeah, no, of course," he started off, hopefully a little bit smooth? If Kaito could be smooth - and he doubted himself, anyway, and doubled back with a perplexed, " - wait - I mean -- yes? Um, wait, is this a yes question, or - or is this a no question? Ahh, I'm," and he laughed. Confused? Dying? Feeling positively stupid? Probably of the above, please show me to my grace now"I'm nice. I mean, I hope I'm nice. I, y'know, I try," and he shrugged through his nervous laugh, his ears on fire from his stumbling, and from the sheer note the older one spoke with when she turned to question interrogate him again.

His name, right, his name! -- "I'm clumsy -- " he said quickly -- and with a sharp blink, backtracked again, "I mean - Kaito, I'm Kaito, my name is Kaito, though if anyone called me clumsy, I'm pretty sure I'd..." stop. He cleared his throat with another laugh, "anyway, um -- your pack -- see, I didn't actually know -- I haven't been here very long -- well, I was wandering nearby, and I heard your sister, and I guess I was just so excited to see a friendly face that I didn't really... check for borders," and he paused (and inside, kicked himself, gosh could I please just stop talking"But like... you're nice, right? And your pack? You aren't gonna, y'know, take me prisoner, or feed me to a carnivorous elk, or enslave me to sing songs to entertain your leaders around their evening meal, right?" And he certainly meant that as a joke, if it couldn't be seen in the crooked line of his smile (but a part of him did wonder, maybe not of the punishments themselves, but the sentiments behind them...)
Messages In This Thread
take it slow - by Leta - November 20, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: take it slow - by Kaito - November 20, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: take it slow - by Leta - November 20, 2019, 03:02 PM
RE: take it slow - by Kaito - December 01, 2019, 11:22 AM
RE: take it slow - by Leta - December 03, 2019, 03:20 PM
RE: take it slow - by Arlette - December 07, 2019, 06:25 AM
RE: take it slow - by Kaito - December 12, 2019, 11:19 PM
RE: take it slow - by Leta - December 13, 2019, 12:01 AM
RE: take it slow - by Arlette - December 13, 2019, 03:16 PM
RE: take it slow - by Kaito - December 17, 2019, 11:16 PM
RE: take it slow - by Leta - December 23, 2019, 11:04 PM