Stone Circle you've been a smile on my face for about the two past days
do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
75 Posts
Ooc —
Kaito's smile shifted with the answer she gave - it grew, no doubt, but more from the uncertainty of how to tell her she'd be right in any other situation but today's. He opened his mouth to correct her, his jaw tight, only to have his nerves fizzle out when Arlette noticed the mistake herself. Outwardly, he remained composed. Inwardly, he pretty much let go of the biggest breath in his life. "Yeah - that's right!" his smile brightened naturally, and he opened his mouth again --

Only this time, Arlette interrupted him with a display he didn't know what to do with.

She... must have expected him to play along, and geeze, did the teenager in him want to. But his fear of Greyback held him still, paused, with one paw raised in the air, and his face set with a nervous bite of his lip. Uncertain. And frustrated, with himself, and this situation, and these feelings, rather than with her.

He frowned. "Mmm..." and slowly, he set his paw down, and ease to the earth. Anxiety, adrenaline, both shivered through his body - did the air just get really, really cold? and he gave her a quizzical look. "I'm afraid you're alone in this forest, with all these nice pieces of bark and reeds and - " he glanced over to the supplies, paused. "Tree sap." When Kaito looked back at Arlette, he gave a sort of a shrug. "I'm just the stupid rock you tripped over, blessed with speech very momentarily to give you this message, and maybe some help if you really get stuck."

"So do what you think you should do, and tell me what you're doing while you do it. For though I am a hearing rock, alas, I am not much of a seeing rock. As is the way," and he closed his eyes, and turned his face in her general direction, "with my kind of rock."
Messages In This Thread
RE: you've been a smile on my face for about the two past days - by Kaito - January 29, 2020, 11:07 PM