Herbalists' Cache i never meant to be a savior
the phoenix prince
64 Posts
Ooc — Etkri
Private 
setting: early evening, twilight. partly cloudy, sub-zero, light breezes. backdated to january 23rd. @Wren

[Image: banner_by_etkri-dc1tt1y.jpg]

The gentle passing white light of tonight's moon only blessed the snow on the ground with a radiant glow, one that would have spread far and wide had it not been for the reliable coniferous trees that took up residency here.

It was not the trees the male sought in these lands, but instead everything underneath. The idle tales he'd heard back when Uaine Gorsedd was first forming, of the wonderful plants and remedies that lay in waiting beneath the shelter of pines and firs and spruce. Of blessed cures and traces of magic that could reverse death, breathe life, that could deter even the most vile of poisons.

No doubt these were exaggerations, but all tales came from some sort of truth, right?

And so it was in these cerulean-violet shadows that Kukulkan meandered, head dropped and nose dutifully seeking out distinguishing scents. With no prior medical knowledge, he wasn't quite sure what he was looking for, but he was familiar enough with what was considered more common plants - to him, all he needed to do was sniff out the differences. One of these might hold the cure for his sleeping stargazer.

Frozen, sturdy trunks scratched against his torso as he weaved around, leaning against each one idly while his mind and nose worked furiously. A tickle in his senses - something was near - and his pace quickened instantly. Ears perked, tail thrashing, K jogged through the patched snows and the pine needle-littered forest floor. This new scent was terribly new, terribly distinct...

... and as Kukulkan began to round the corner to find its source, he realized how terribly familiar it was.

"Wr--Wren?"
Incredulous.

[Image: murdermuffin666_by_etkri-dc1wf3p.png]
Messages In This Thread
i never meant to be a savior - by Kukulkan - February 02, 2020, 11:24 PM
RE: i never meant to be a savior - by Wren Wolf - February 03, 2020, 12:32 AM
RE: i never meant to be a savior - by Wren Wolf - February 18, 2020, 02:10 PM
RE: i never meant to be a savior - by Kukulkan - February 18, 2020, 02:48 AM