all of the light just fades away
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy

"My mom and I weren’t all that close," he admitted. "After Atreides, one of my litter brothers, died, she seemed to be sick and sad more often than not. He died when we were still really young. So I was never able to really… I don’t know… connect with her, I guess. It was my dad that I was the closest with." It actually felt good to be talking about the things that he seemed to have locked away inside for so long. That he was able to do so without breaking down into tears was an absolute plus, too.

He gave an understanding nod as she spoke of sometimes missing her parents. At least hers were still living and it didn’t seem likely that she would be there when her parents did die. But that wasn’t something he voiced out loud, purely because he didn’t want to sound like a jerk or something. "Not a day goes by that I don’t miss my parents, especially my dad," he readily admitted. "But it’s become a little easier lately," he added, turning his head toward her almost as if he were looking right at her.

He couldn’t help but laugh playfully when she seemed to realize that the two of them talking was making it hard for him to locate prey in order to show her that he really could hunt. It was funny because it was easy to forget that he had to use his keen sense of hearing in order to do much of anything, especially when it came to hunting. To show his gratefulness, he brushed his shoulder against hers before returning his focus on what he was doing; listening for prey. His ears were pushed all the way forward, swiveling forward and back, listening to the sounds of the night all around them. Doing this at night was a little trickier purely because the insects of the night were rarely silent, but he was able to hear beyond them.

Yildun froze, facing to his right with his ears thrust forward and his nostrils twitching as he sniffed at the air. His tail lifted and he began to slowly make his way toward his right. Since his sense of hearing was so strong due to lack of eye sight, it was likely that it would seem that he was almost chasing shadows, in a manner of speaking. But as he slowly moved closer to what it was that he was hearing, it would eventually become clear that he wasn’t just chasing shadows or random sounds in the night. It was a possum that he’d been following the sound of, scurrying around between trees searching for bugs.

His tail went level with his back as he slowly, and silently, crept forward. His muscles were instantly taunt, flexing beneath his silvery coat, as he stalked forward, relying entirely on his ears and nose. Yildun said a silent prayer to the stars for this to go right, for him to not make a fool of himself in front of her, before moving forward once more. He was careful as to where he set his paws down, each step calculated so as to be as silent as absolutely possible.

Yildun got within a couple feet of the possum before it realized the lithe wolf was upon it and it began to try to scramble away. But because of a whole lot of practice, a whole lot of trial and error, Yildun was able to pounce before it got too far away from him, catching it first by the tail. Not wasting any time, the sightless male swooped his head down and snapped his jaws closed around the possum’s neck. When it stopped moving, he lifted his head and carried his prize to him, lowering his head and setting it at her paws. When he lifted his head, the young male was beaming.

Messages In This Thread
all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - September 18, 2013, 05:35 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - September 25, 2013, 10:03 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - September 25, 2013, 10:27 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - September 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 03:11 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 03:33 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 04:32 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 05:56 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 01, 2013, 06:27 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Koontz - October 01, 2013, 09:08 PM
RE: all of the light just fades away - by Yildun - October 09, 2013, 10:20 AM