Northstar Vale Tonight I feel like a shooting star, but I hope my shine will last much longer
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

He couldn’t bare to turn and look at her. Taking a deep breath his gaze lifted to the sky, the meteor shower fading. Fewer and fewer starts raced across the sky. A sad smile lifted his lips, a memory surfacing. “The things you hide in you heart will eat you alive.” The words fell easily, mimicking the first time he heard them. His mother had warned him long ago what would happen when he held his feelings to close to his heart. He couldn’t help but of how different their present could have been had he found the courage to tell Reiko how he felt long ago.

Tears came to his eyes then, falling freely. Casting one last glance over his shoulder, capturing the sight of his previous lover one last time. “Goodbye Reiko.” There was a profoundness in his tone, that lead to more than a simple farewell. His words ran deeper than that. He was done. He couldn’t stand here anymore, he had offered her a solution. It wasn’t the cleanest, or the most morally correct. But it would have saved her. It would have saved them. Sadly he turned from her, making his way back to his den, and his sleeping mate. Perhaps now she truly was alone.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Tonight I feel like a shooting star, but I hope my shine will last much longer - by Yuudai - May 06, 2020, 11:22 PM