Northstar Vale Happens sweet
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Private 
55F°, currently it is mostly cloudy and set during the day. Located in Northstar Vale, den | ooc notes: puppies don't have to post, just tagging them in case you guys want to! | tagging: @Yuudai, whoever comes first! This thread happens still before the pack meeting. @Hotaru, @Haruki and @Sumi if you guys want to post!

After eating something that @Hime dropped off, Reiko was thankful for her help and it all seemed to be going pretty well lately. Perhaps it was that thought that helped her drift off into a deep sleep, so suddenly even though she had a good night's sleep and only recently woke up. Perhaps the suckling children were taking more out of her than she thought, but even if that was the case, was it anything but a blessing to have them? Happily sleeping away curled up around them, she wouldn't even stir from her slumber should they cry out for whatever reason, nor from the sound of a visitor at her den. 

It was strange for someone who was normally on high alert and anxious for any sound that came from her children or of their surroundings.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

cameo unless given reason to post again!

Hotaru hadn't noticed the change in her mother, after all, she spent most of her time sleeping too. As Reiko seemed to doze off the young princess was lost in her own adventure as she nudged past her siblings in search of an available spot to latch on and feed herself. Should a visitor enter, her undeveloped hearing would leave her blissfully unaware and undisturbed.
#DDA0DD speech, #66cc00 singing, pawprint, Hotaru's Playlist  4/5* 4/5*, * = incomplete threads
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
He wasn't sure what surprised him more that no one was around to stop him or that Reiko didn't hear his approach. He hadn't tried to conceal himself and fully expected to see Takeshi or Collision. Or anyone. But he didn't. And she didn't stir when he entered. His gaze softened, and his shoulders relaxed seeing her fast asleep nursing her children. Since no one had stopped him it was easy to pretend, for just a moment, that this was their life. That he had entered so easily because he was supposed to be here, that she slept so soundly because because she was so at ease. He could imagine them together. A took a small hesitant step closer. Peaking down at the three little pups.

They could be yours... The thoughts came painstakingly often. They could be, couldn't they." It was possible that they would never know, for all three of the parties involved looked very similar. Perhaps as they grew their eyes might reveal the truth. But he honestly didn't care. As soon as he caught a glimpse of them, he knew. If Reiko claimed they were his, Yuudai knew he would accept it. No questions asked. Regardless of the consequences, regardless of what might happen between Hiromi and him, Yuudai knew he would accept her word as truth. And suddenly he found that he wanted them to be his. Because then he won, regardless of what happens later, he had won. He and Reiko would irreversibly tied.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Peace was very rare lately. The Empire was full of personal drama, one thing after another and it was enough to drive anyone insane. Everyone who was unfortunately tied to it in one way or another was entitled to the troubles it brought. Often enough the Empress was plagued with the thought that it was all her fault - not right now. Now, she had found peace as she slumbers.

Even now in her sleep, something did eventually cause her to stir. The feeling of being watched, like eyes, were wandering over the scenery and glistening cerulean peeked open just to see the white silhouette. At first, she imagined it was Takeshi, her muscles too relaxed to react, and her thoughts too slow to do much than stare for now - it was his smell that clarified it eventually.

Are you just going to stand there? It still felt like a dream, as if he wasn't actually there but just a submittal desire manifesting in a waking dream. Right now she didn't fear Takeshi finding them (how could he, Yuudai was just a figment of her imagination anyway), and instead found bliss in this hazy moment; as if she was just a wife happily greeting her husband home.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
He was surprised by the tenderness in her voice, her tone whispy in nature. Yuudai hesitated for a only a moment before taking catious steps closer. He waited for some sort of sign to stop, or some snarl on her part. This was a punishment right? She didn't actually want him near. He grew more sure of himself as he continued, and finally he stood right before her. Staring down at her relaxed figure, dropping his head near her own. Waiting to see what she might do next. "No" He whispered, answering her question.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She smiled as he came closer, just close enough to touch just not so. It felt like he was teasing her, how cruel were her dreams that he was so far even now! Everything felt so heavy that she couldn't even wiggle closer to close that distance, and instead, she just laid there in a daze, looking at him but not quite at the same time. I wish - she pauses, thinking how silly it all was to talk to herself, but thinking at the same time how therapeutic it may be to just talk it out. Even if Yuudai might not truly be answering anything in return.

Did I even tell you their names yet? Her mind bounced from one topic tot he next, as if she had already said it all even if she had said nothing on the previous thought. Did Hiromi tell you? She wanted to tell him, they were her children after all and Yuudai is an equal possible father to some if not all of them as Takeshi may be. Haruki, Hotaru, and Sumi. Her eyes felt so heavy, they drifted shut again for a long while. 

Is it wrong that I named her that? Would you be mad?
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
He was hesitant to speak again, worried that this fragile bubble of peace that they had found would burst. Afraid that someone might walk in if he spoke to loud, or she might realize it had all been some mistake. He stood just out of reach. If Yuu truly wanted to he could just reach her, but with the three little ones at her breast Rei would have chance to reach him. At her questions he simply shook his head slowly, with adoration in his eyes. This is what he craved. Even as his heart beat for Hiromi, he was drawn to Reiko. God. What terrible man he was. He loved his wife, he truly did, but something was just missing. Hovering just out of reach, teasing him. So he simply shook his head unable to form words that would break what was happening right now.

Sumi. His jaw fell, and a tear pricked his gaze. He had loved his mother, their bond unbelievably strong. She had taught him almost everything he knew. Sumi had been a wonderful mother, a fierce warrior, and an extremely skilled hunter. Yuudai had been utterly devastated when she had died.

Reiko hadn't even had to say the words. They are yours. By simply uttering their names, she had done the same thing. Rei wasn't cruel enough to name Takeshi's daughter after Yuudai's mother. Surely she wasn't that black of heart. The only other option that remained nearly shattered his heart. These were his kids. "No Rei, I'm not made." Yuu's voice hovered just above a whisper, but the emotion was thick and heavy. "She — my mother would be very happy."
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
In the silence that brewed after she rambled, the woman had a hard time keeping her eyes open. Fluttering in and out of that semi-conscious state of mind. She didn't want the dream to end, for her to wake up and Yuudai would be gone. There was still so much to say, so much time she still wanted to spend in his presence. It was safe here, they, Yuudai was safe here in the land of dreams - to her current state of mind. 

When he spoke it brought her back to somewhat attention. Straightening her head up before her cheek fell to the ground, lapping up any drool that might have seeped out unconsciously at the side. Mmm~ Good~ She smiled sweetly, completely unafraid, and thankful for what she had heard. It was the only way I could think of having you here, without fighting. Fighting him. Honouring the woman my mother spoke so highly of... She drifted off for a moment, boy her maw felt heavy, the words came out slow and sluggish. The words had to be slurred just a little too though she was completely unaware. and the man I... loved for so long.

Not able to keep her head upright anymore, she let her head tilt to the side. Cheek resting comfortably on the ground while still trying her best to keep her eyes on him, the fuzzy image of Yuudai. Just a little longer, she thought to herself, this dream had to continue just a little longer.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
Her elegance was endless, despite her exhaustion and dazed state Yuudai was inspired by her beauty as the gracefully lowered her head to the ground. Her blue eyes glassy, yet endlessly deep and gorgeous. He smiled softly at her as she spoke, touched by her words. Before she came to her final sentence, her final words drove his eyes to tears, and confusion to grip his heart. But only unending sadness permeated his own lavender gaze. "You know how to get me back Reiko. You know who is keeping us apart." As was the norm Yuudai's voice hovered just above a whisper.

"I never stopped loving you Reiko." He confessed sadly, his head dropping near her own. But still just out of reach, unknowingly feeding into her dream like state.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Those weren't the words she wanted to hear, not now, not in this dream. The smile faded and felt flat against the ground just thinking of the truth behind what was brought to her immediate attention. There was no need to keep face now, this was all a dream after all! She felt it all, the gentle curve of her lips in displeasure, the warmth leaking from her eyes. 

I know— Should she know this was all real and tangible, that she was pouring out straight from her soul and not into her own consciousness but a real Yuudai, here, now, if she should reach out she could touch the real deal. But I'm scared. If she knew, was aware, the shattering of her armor wouldn't have been here, visible to another.

For you, Hiromi and everyone. I'm trying. She sobbed, completely naked with emotions and vulnerable. I don't want anyone fighting, or getting hurt. Even if she wished that with all her heart, it seemed that peace was just not an option. Something had to give; and it was going to give soon. He'll hurt you too, I know he will.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
Her emotions surfaced without much prompting, and Yuudai was confused. He contemplated taking a step back, but he could see she was shattered, and it nearly drove him to the ground. With everything that had fallen between them over the last few months, he had never thought a moment like this would ever happen again. Instead he remained still, freezing in position, and listening patiently to her words.

"It's okay to be scared Reiko. But a fight is going to happen either way." He could see the displeasure rippling through the pack. The discontent was like an infection, spreading from person to person. "He may hurt me. But that is my risk to take, love." His lavender gaze melted, softening as he spoke and tried to reassure her. "It's my duty to protect you, but it's your duty to do what's best for the pack." His words may have been harsh, but his tone was saddened yet burdened with an inevitability. This was her role. She was the Empress.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
A fight is going to happen either way. The weight of the words was crushing, what felt like a dream for a while was turning into a nightmare - not a terrible one, but one of those that made you sad when you wake up, one that ruined your whole day and left a grey cloud looming over you. I don't think I could. The sobs continued. I don't think I can see you hurt. Even just thinking of the possibility seemed to put the woman into a panic - when will this dream end? 

She was ready to wake up now. I thought if I let you go, and I tried to keep Takeshi happy that things would settle, that people would be happy again. Like a babbling child to their parents when in trouble, when sad, it was hard to stop.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
pp at end with permission

She started to grow agitated and Yuudai attempted to shush her, to lull her back into a dream filled state that she had been in moments before. He wanted the calm and relaxed woman he had grown to love, not the shell she had become. "It's okay Reiko. You're doing you best." He truly did believe that. He knew the burden of leadership with a hard position to fill. She held a lot on her shoulders, and the pale man respected that. Understood it.

Yuu only spoke honestly, because he had never lied to her. She had to know that. So hopefully she might believe his words. "Everything will work out in time." He had to rely on this thought, on the dream that everything would resolve itself. He smiled at her again. They're was so much he wanted to talk about, so much he wanted to fix between them. But this wasn't the time, and Yuudai wasn't sure when the right time would be. But he took a slow step back. He had seen the pups and spoken to Reiko. He figured it was best to quiet while he was ahead.

Now that he believe these pups to be his, Yuudai knew he would be coming around more often. The sudden reminder instantly formed a lump in his chest, he would have to tell Hiromi. He assumed she knew that he had encountered Reiko while the two woman had been in heat. But he hadn't actually admitted it to her. Would she be angry? With that in mind, it was definitely time to leave. As slowly turned back to the entrance he cast one last lavender gaze on the snowy Empress, "I'll see you later Reiko."

She watched him go with a quickly drooping gaze. Her lids closing for longer and longer periods of time between blinks. Mr. Sandman finally claimed her again. Both of them experiencing a dream. Just in slightly different ways.