Wapun Meadow i heard a call in my sleep again
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
Renard kept their head lifted until the last moment, enough to see the way she twisted to avoid them; enough to redirect so that, instead of soaring past, they caught her between shoulder and ribcage, and she toppled to the ground.

In absence of an actual hand to help her up, Renard stepped back as she got to her paws, shaking dirt and flowers over all the grass they’d trampled, and grinned. “Good spar,” they echoed. “Thank you.”

Kru?” As foreign a word as Sagtannet, but Renard could at least guess at this one. Family or pack or people – but they would wait for her response, should she have one, before continuing. "No." A light laugh of their own. "I think my shoulder’s proof of that.” They’d won the spar, but that was only half of the purpose. And the advantage of moving first. There was nothing like fighting to get to know someone, and it was important to know the people you were (potentially) living with.

“You said Sagtannet was at the end of this range?” The mountain she had pointed out earlier built on one end to a long chain of snow-capped points, even with the late spring heat beating down; the other sloped down until it vanished among the treeline. “I’d like to get myself a little more…familiar with this place first. If all goes well, perhaps I’ll see you there.” Their half smile was amused. “Hopefully there won’t be any cannibals on the way.”

Messages In This Thread
i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 29, 2020, 04:47 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 05:15 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - May 31, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 01, 2020, 04:29 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 02, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 04, 2020, 03:07 AM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 05, 2020, 12:43 AM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 07, 2020, 12:50 AM
RE: i heard a call in my sleep again - by Renard - June 09, 2020, 12:29 AM