Coconut Grove sitting in the back seat smoking a cigarette you thought was gonna be your last
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
her smile deepens, undoubtedly sprinkled with fondness at the query to pass his lips. it draws the caliginous stare down from its frolic with the stars to rest wholly upon the stark contrast of his phosphorescent eye. unable to resist, brows arch as she trills "as hard as it is to imagine, rose, i am not usually such a flowery presence of unblemished blisseyes spark at the jest, enjoying the brief release from a conversation that made her both feel the liquid heat of tranquility and the iced claws of anxiety as they both warred away within. expression softening somewhat, she'd murmur quieter "yes rosencrantz, you make me feel a happiness that i'd began to believe i'd never be blessed with againeyes cast off once more with the small revelation, as uncomfortable as ever in regards to offering up tidbits of what she truly felt. now that it had been uttered aloud, she was left wondering would he suspect that nature twisting intricate twines around that uttered 'again'. not a single soul that she knew of roaming the teekons knew of the man who'd failed to make it here with her, a quiet, steadying inhale. the ache would never truly depart the confines of her heart, and although it had become bearable in the years she'd lingered here, it would always remain. but she now realised that she was okay with it, it was her way of carrying him close and it would have been foolish of her to ever expect such a thing to be easy. 

she matched her breaths with his, focusing on the steady movement of his muscles as they worked to keep his vessel running on the oxygen it needed. all the while eyes reflected the starry skies as she gazed wistfully upon the distant lustre spreading out above them. a neverending carpet of brazen brilliance, embracing the little world full of its tiny little creatures all fretting about their miniscule lives. it sparks something within her, this stark reminder of the fragility of the life they clung so determinedly to. from the careful movements of rosencrantz's body that kept him alive to the thrash of the sea before them. that terrifying power that they danced about and marveled at, it could swallow them whole and the stars would simply watch on, not so much as a waver to their refulgent stare. 

it is with these thoughts weighing on her mind that she inhales the rapidly cooling air. desperate to inhale some of that electrified buzz that frolicked upon the salty breeze as she lets loose a string of words that could change her life for the better or for the worse. but she is keenly aware that she will no longer wait to learn such a thing, that these moments of shared life are too precious, too delicate to waste. the whisper is but a nanoscopic sliver of air being freed to roam the world, but within the ephemeral circle of their life, these words were colossal and equipped with the power to create or destroy. "i believe....rosencrantz, that what i feel for you...some may go as far as to refer to it as love"
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: sitting in the back seat smoking a cigarette you thought was gonna be your last - by Tundra - June 08, 2020, 04:58 PM