Whitefish River I could offer you a warm embrace
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Little Malila seemed to quiet once she began to eat, and Speedy watched as she drank until her little belly was round and full. She fell asleep soon after, and the healers gaze drifted to where Mohe kicked and wriggled, seeming to quiet as much as he was able. She thought they might be finally settled and that maybe they could all spend some time napping before their father returned with dinner. But it quickly seemed like that wouldn't happen. 

Mohe woke with a few squeaks that had Speedy running her nose along him to find the issue. It was then that she saw him looking back up at her. She was frozen in awe for a few moments. Her first children had been at least a week older when their eyes had opened, and so she had not been expecting this. 

Then came Malila's disgruntled sounds, and when Speedy reached over to examine her as well, she found the same amazing thing: her eyes were open too. How could they already be growing up so quickly? Soon they would be venturing out of the den and into the big scary world. But she refused to let her fear for them ruin this amazing moment. 

She looked down at them both, nuzzling son and daughter lovingly before gently murmuring: Hello, babies. She smiled at them as she spoke. She hoped @Emrik would be back soon to witness this; he needed it just as much as she did, and she knew he would be just as excited.
Messages In This Thread
I could offer you a warm embrace - by Speedy - June 16, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Mohe - June 17, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Malila - June 20, 2020, 10:58 PM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Speedy - June 23, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Mohe - June 23, 2020, 07:54 AM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Malila - July 01, 2020, 11:00 PM
RE: I could offer you a warm embrace - by Speedy - July 07, 2020, 10:57 PM