Firestone Hot Springs You're saying the words that I want you to say
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The other woman seemed confused by her words, repeating her title and looking around at the ground as if she were searching for something. Speedy wondered if she should clarify that a physician was the same thing as a healer. But before she could say anything else, the stranger was speaking again. Not just speaking—accusing her of endangering the lives of her unborn children by doing something that was second nature to her. 

I appreciate your concern, she said first, her smile and words genuine—because she really did appreciate that a stranger would be so concerned with the lives of children she had no ties to. I've been a healer for quite some time now; I know the difference between what is toxic and what is safe. I'm here looking for specific herbs to add to my cache. She didn't have the luxury of taking it easy as some might. I am Kaistleoki's sole healer; I can't just take off from my duties, especially when I'm capable enough to continue my work safely. I have a lot to do before my children are born and I'm bound to a den and have no choice but to take a break. Even if she wasn't her pack's only healer, she would still be working until her pups were born because that's just who she was. There was no danger in continuing her work, not that Speedy could see anyway.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You're saying the words that I want you to say - by Speedy - July 21, 2020, 07:17 PM