Raven's Watch oh the wind is blowing, it hurts your skin
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The owl spoke not and communicated only in hoots and body language - but he seemed to understand many languages. Lumiya was a bit jealous of him for it; she only knew the local tongue, English, and apparently a few Irish words. The old court's ranks had been in Irish she now realized - she knew it had been a different language, but hadn't known it was the same one Caw spoke. She had gotten Loinnir's name from the ranks, not realizing it fit unusually well. She just thought it sounded pretty.

Her eyes widened with interest as the man repeated the word faerie, as if he had heard it before. She didn't remember him being at the old court, so that couldn't be it - but she knew the concept of faeries was not a new one. It surely was spread far and wide, and seeing as Caw spoke Irish, perhaps it had stemmed from his culture as well. What an interesting thought! She motioned with her head to somewhere behind her. Our willow forest is near here. We settled there moons ago. She explained, not wanting to share their numbers, just to be safe. They were but a forming pack after all, and they couldn't afford no-gooders coming to ruin it - not that she suspected Caw of it, but you never knew.

She copied him in waving her tail - strange, she was usually not so self conscious about it, but it was hard to match the man's enthusiasm and she didn't want to come across as rude. The girl looked at him befuddled as he explained... vaguely... what he was doing. The faeries had their own ceremonies and strange habits, but she hadn't heard of the raven-cliff one. Do they now? She asked, but not in a way that was doubtful - more so intrigued. I suppose I should offer them my apologies then, I had no idea.
Messages In This Thread
oh the wind is blowing, it hurts your skin - by Caróg - July 15, 2020, 10:43 PM
RE: oh the wind is blowing, it hurts your skin - by Lumiya - July 22, 2020, 04:33 PM