Sunbeam Lair could’ve got a deal if i wanted, but i like owning shit
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
renard had not come back to the canyon after the saints’…eventful trip to the meadow. besides the foolishness inherent in marching them around in a straight line like apparently donovan had wanted, if there was one thing worse for moving unseen in than endless sunlight, it was elbow-deep water.

instead, they veered to the west on the way. hardly a sightseeing tour, with the rain, but it was best to make sure nobody else was moving in around the canyon. arrow lake led to a cavern shaded from the rainfall, and renard’s steps took them in a long loop around it before –

smile already rising to their lips, they straightened, and followed the trail down through twisting passages until their eyes landed on the source.

the scent was familiar. not just from the mess they’d followed from ravensblood forest. there was someone…else…

clicking their tongue, renard stalked along the cavern’s edge, eyes opened to thin violet slits. it was good to be in the shadows again; it was good to be out of the flooded pit the saints’ canyon had turned into.

but –

simmik. back at the river. the one they’d even warned about the cannibal wolves. how lucky for her nemisis was currently serving her purpose as dove’s…renard didn’t know exactly what dove was doing with her skull. donovan collected just as many misplaced followers as he did those with an excessive taste for blood.

and then praimfaya. it was a sad time when the only person left with a head on their shoulders was the spy.

“neverwinter forest,” renard said. “this is an interesting choice for travel, isn’t it?”
Messages In This Thread
RE: could’ve got a deal if i wanted, but i like owning shit - by Renard - August 11, 2020, 04:15 PM