Sleepy Fox Hollow they broke my wings
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
nyra had insulted derg, challenged him, and donovan had been glad to let her. they were unimpressed, to say the least. didn't look like they were the only one.

"he is," renard agreed. "donovan likes to think this is a family. that he'll protect us." risking his life for his pack...wouldn't this be his chance to prove it. "don't think he understands that still means there need to be...consequences. but i suppose i shouldn't be surprised. he let nemisis live that long."

because praimfaya was right. she should have been dead by now. he'd ripped nemisis' head off her shoulders and refused to kill a yuelong prisoner – they hadn't thought too highly of that. they thought less highly of nyra ruining the alliance he'd put together and donovan letting her.

renard hadn't expected much out of ursus. not when all donovan had done was vow them protection. but they'd expected donovan to be, at least, capable of punishment. maybe that was only when his own life was threatened. nyra should have gone the same way as their first overseer, and they would have done it themselves...but as much as they itched to, it was more satisfying to watch donovan scramble around in the mess he'd created.

"good to see someone knows what needs to be done." their head swiveled back around, no warmth to their smile. "he left the canyon earlier with derg. can guess where he's going, but he should have taken nyra's head with him. wonder if ursus will let him live long enough to learn."

they'd been thinking, then, that praimfaya's desire for her own revenge would be the obstacle. pointless risk. renard was not fond of risk, not without a solid plan behind it.

they were pleased to see that wasn't the case.

"you know," renard said, conversationally, "when our first member left – before you joined – she told me she wasn't dying to protect an idiot. she wasn't wrong, just didn't have the guts to do anything about it. you do." they bowed their head. "say the word, and i'll follow."
Messages In This Thread
they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 09, 2020, 03:15 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 09, 2020, 04:22 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 10, 2020, 04:42 AM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 10, 2020, 03:25 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 11, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 11, 2020, 05:16 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 12, 2020, 05:44 AM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 12, 2020, 12:09 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by RIP Praimfaya - September 12, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: they broke my wings - by Renard - September 12, 2020, 04:46 PM