Dragoncrest Cliffs Scarred
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Taikon was torn. Coming here and speaking to Rosalyn did not help him decide what he was supposed to do with himself now that it seemed clear that he was right. He knew that others in the pack looked down on him for questioning Wylla, even though he had tried to do so in as respectful of a way as possible. To him, this was a red flag.
Wylla had accepted him as he was. Perhaps what she had really wanted was a group of wolves who would follow her and Mahler off a cliff, in this case a literal damned cliff. What Taikon had thought was that by accepting him, she would be willing to listen to his and others' concerns openly and honestly. It was starting to appear as though she did not have this level of wisdom. Everyone else seemed to know the rules of her game did not include asking questions, but Taikon had lived through too much to accept this kind of willing disregard for reality.
Indeed, it was the pack before Rusalka that had given Rosalyn her haggard appearance. And indeed, she was not thrilled about his presence there, since in the grand scheme of things he on his own was unlikely to make any kind of meaningful impact on their decisions. He wasn't part of the "in" group. The only person he felt okay talking to about it was Takiyok.
I am surprised, he admitted. I am new, I guess, or new enough and not related by blood, and they told me when I came to Sagtannet that they were a peaceful, family-oriented pack. He was annoyed that this was quickly turning out not to be the case. He was angry that both Wylla and Mahler had come and been told the same message, but did not relay it to their family. Perhaps it's fear alone that is driving them, he postulated, splaying his ears anxiously.
If it came to war, he could not leave Takiyok. He would not. But he was also not willing to incite violence on those who also wanted peace. It was something that went entirely against his values.
He didn't feel okay telling her that. His very presence there might have been seen as treasonous. Taikon looked around him suddenly, feeling there could be eyes watching him. This worry, he knew, was another red flag. He was starting to realize the reasons why Takiyok did not feel married to Sagtannet.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
Scarred - by Taikon - November 18, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: Scarred - by Rosalyn - November 18, 2020, 02:24 PM
RE: Scarred - by Taikon - November 18, 2020, 02:42 PM
RE: Scarred - by Rosalyn - November 18, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: Scarred - by Asra - November 18, 2020, 03:06 PM
RE: Scarred - by Taikon - November 18, 2020, 03:14 PM
RE: Scarred - by Rosalyn - November 18, 2020, 08:40 PM
RE: Scarred - by Taikon - November 19, 2020, 04:19 PM
RE: Scarred - by Rosalyn - November 20, 2020, 05:54 PM
RE: Scarred - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 09:17 AM
RE: Scarred - by Rosalyn - November 24, 2020, 09:47 AM