Bramblepoint This is growing up
Loner
43 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He seemed to pause on a thought, or did she imagine that? A slight stall in the conversation -- these things, she had learned to pick up on, early in her training as an ambassador. But perhaps the circumstance made her hyper-aware, because her parents had warned her about using the name "Rochester" around these Wilds. While Sebastian had done much to reclaim the honour of their family, she was warned that to some wolves, bad blood might still run thick.

But Phox didn't bristle or bare his teeth. He seemed casual, trustworthingly so, and after a small pause of her own, Dhalia said, "I suppose you're right," with the touch of a warm smile, "though it seems promising we might be friends by actual acquaintance soon."

He asked about the Glen, and she brightened even further. "Of course I can help!" she said with a grin, and a playful puff of her chest, "In fact, you should know that you've run into an ambassador of the Glen herself!" Though there was hardly anything interesting about the place that wasn't run-of-the-mill, this was the first opportunity she'd gotten to flex her skills in such a role here, and to start earning her own name instead of riding off the reputation of her heritage. "Before I bore you with details, though, of things you already know, perhaps you should tell me what you do already know. A good ambassador knows when to talk, and when to shut up, after all," she said with a playful wink. Which humoured her, to say the least, because info-dumping was usually her downfall.
Messages In This Thread
This is growing up - by Phox - November 20, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: This is growing up - by Dhalia - November 22, 2020, 07:43 PM
RE: This is growing up - by Phox - November 22, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: This is growing up - by Dhalia - November 22, 2020, 08:55 PM
RE: This is growing up - by Phox - November 22, 2020, 09:48 PM
RE: This is growing up - by Dhalia - November 22, 2020, 10:12 PM
RE: This is growing up - by Phox - November 24, 2020, 12:09 PM