Duskfire Glacier you touched me like that
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
The aureate dove padded alongside the shores of the great Lake, steps slow and trailing as she searched for a good spot to stop. The dark pelt of the pine marten dangled from her jaws, somewhat stiff -- the rawhide underside dry and hard. It would need to be soaked, or at least dipped over the surface of the water to soften it before she could begin chewing at the soon-to-be leather side of the fur. Then it might be piled up with other pelts to pad a comfy sleeping place.

Or maybe she would gift it to @Iana who might like it to wrap her herbs up in and transport them around. She could try to find a bigger animal, skin its pelt and treat that for her bed. A deer perhaps or maybe some foxes. 

Imaq chose a favorable spot, one where the ground was covered in a flat slab of stone as the shallows lapped against the shore. Tactfully, she lowered the hide to rest on the water, pulling it back up before too much of the water could whet the fur. Then, she flipped it over, laying the fur side against the stone and pinning it to the rock with one paw. She began to scrape at it with the claws of her free hand, shredding the damp skin into something more flexible.

tags for reference, set for 03/06/2021
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
Messages In This Thread
you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 02, 2021, 03:27 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - March 08, 2021, 02:29 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 11, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - March 15, 2021, 08:05 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 21, 2021, 06:02 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - March 24, 2021, 09:34 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 31, 2021, 02:49 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - April 01, 2021, 10:32 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - April 10, 2021, 11:27 AM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - April 11, 2021, 11:13 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - April 19, 2021, 05:22 PM