Duskfire Glacier you touched me like that
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Imaq nodded slowly, deliberating. She had no issue with what he proposed but there was a nagging part of her that wondered what Rye planned to offer in return. It was not malicious but rather cultural. It was customary for those who asked for favors to give something in return -- at least amongst the wolves of Nunaat. Imaq despised the thought of seeming rude by asking him such a thing and shifted uneasily on her paws for a moment, attempting to puzzle out how she could ask tactfully. It wasn't so unreasonable, was it? She was a busy woman, patrolling the borders and hunting to help fill their food wares being her main priority as @Wintersbane (reference) was still injured. Before Rye, he had been their only guardian and hunter -- the only man. The shepherd worried he might strain himself and hoped by helping with the borders and food that she could prevent him from overworking.

"Imaq make Rye nice bed...Imaq have some of the meat?" If he was in agreement then that meant she wouldn't have to hunt to feed herself for a bit, given that most of what she caught went straight to their caches. She could eat what Rye had given her and spend a day or so -- depending on how many furs he wanted cured and how much meat he bartered for them -- on other tasks aside from the hunting that preoccupied much of her waking hours. 

Perhaps she might devote the time to something purely personal, it had been a long time since she did anything just for herself -- for her own benefit or even just because she felt like it. Maybe she could use that time to reconnect with the inua; it had been even longer since she had an opportunity to arrange a shrine for the spirits or try to commune with her ancestors.
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
Messages In This Thread
you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 02, 2021, 03:27 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - March 08, 2021, 02:29 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 11, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - March 15, 2021, 08:05 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 21, 2021, 06:02 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - March 24, 2021, 09:34 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - March 31, 2021, 02:49 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - April 01, 2021, 10:32 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - April 10, 2021, 11:27 AM
RE: you touched me like that - by Rye - April 11, 2021, 11:13 PM
RE: you touched me like that - by Imaq - April 19, 2021, 05:22 PM