Blackfoot Forest ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep
Leto
I apologize for skipping people, but I wanted to progress this and continue the Leto/Hawkeye conversation.

Leto listened to Hawkeye's words, but they felt like a ghost of Leto's own, and her thought that Hawkeye meant to make a cozy and warm pack for all an sundry was confirmed by the female's words. There's nothing wrong with bonds between pack members, she agreed in the privacy of her thoughts, but the pack can't survive on love alone. Balance, always balance. Yet even as Pied suggested a challenge, Leto was shaking her head. She knew that her words, when they came, were going to be twisted and taken wrongly, mistaken for cowardice, but she said them anyway. "I do not wish to fight. I've said it once already and I stand firm to it. Will I subtract from our strength when we need it most?"

Leto fixed a thoughtful look on Hawkeye's squared jaw and determined expression. "I will not weaken this pack when we are already down by wounding either of us. I do not doubt that Hawkeye feels she is the best choice to lead--I feel the same about myself." That much was obvious, and the admission cost her nothing in the scheme of things. Yet an idea was coming to her, spurred by Pied's suggestion that they might both lead as Alpha and Beta.

Leto did not much like the idea of bowing however slightly to Hawkeye's will, but it might be the best way to divert a physical challenge. Then she could sit back and watch as Hawkeye either proved her wrong and made a successful leader of herself, earning Leto's respect and fealty... or she could sweep up the mess Hawkeye would make of things and then take the reins of the pack that had already come to see her as a respectable leader. Either way, all it would cost Leto was time, and she would win either way: as the co-leader alongside Hawkeye as a capable Alpha, or as the Alpha herself when Hawkeye was no longer seen as the best choice by the pack. Slowly, Leto let her tail lower to a half-mast, and dipped her muzzle nearly imperceptibly. "You speak of sacrifices for the pack, Hawkeye. I will make one now. I will step aside, and allow you to lead unfettered, if you would take me as Beta beside you. Perhaps in time we could share the same vision and take the pack to it together."

Her final words were true and pure speculation, without deceit, and perhaps they would come true. Leto would give Hawkeye a chance, if she would extend the same to Leto.
Messages In This Thread
ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Pied - November 12, 2013, 12:03 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Hawkeye - November 12, 2013, 12:18 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Zombie - November 12, 2013, 03:42 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Vires - November 12, 2013, 04:47 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Leto - November 13, 2013, 10:28 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Pied - November 17, 2013, 05:58 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Zombie - November 17, 2013, 09:58 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Hawkeye - November 19, 2013, 10:19 AM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Pied - November 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Leto - November 20, 2013, 03:43 PM
RE: ROLE CALL · River seeks the deep - by Hawkeye - November 20, 2013, 04:04 PM