Blacktail Deer Plateau i forgot to remember
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She had considered not ever returning to the plateau; it held too many memories for her. It felt like a lifetime ago that she had come here with Emrik, pregnant with their their first litter. That day had been perfect—so perfect that it hurt too much to entertain the memory any longer. 

However, she did want to check the area for herbs. She had little faith there would be any, but in the spring this place was teeming with plants, and she was hoping to find something useful now. 

She had been digging in the snow at the base of a tree when the scent made her freeze—Emrik. But how? How long had she searched for him? He had never returned from his trip, leaving her to assume the worst; it had broken her in a way she didn't even know was possible. Suddenly she had been facing the world without not only her son, but her soulmate. It was something one could never be prepared for. Guilt swelled in her chest—Malila. Speedy had failed her, left her here; it was unforgivable. She only hoped she could find her again, and that she was okay.

The scent pulled her from her inner turmoil. She could tell it was not her imagination, so the healer tracked it through the forest. 

Finally she saw him. Her heart was in her throat and tears stung her eyes. It was Emrik, but she could tell he had been on his own for some time. Emrik, she whispered. She rushed forward, unable to stop herself. She wanted to push her face into his fur and breath deeply of his scent.
Messages In This Thread
i forgot to remember - by Emrik - January 09, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: i forgot to remember - by Speedy - January 09, 2022, 02:53 PM
RE: i forgot to remember - by Emrik - January 09, 2022, 05:00 PM
RE: i forgot to remember - by Speedy - January 09, 2022, 05:23 PM
RE: i forgot to remember - by Emrik - January 09, 2022, 06:04 PM
RE: i forgot to remember - by Speedy - January 09, 2022, 06:14 PM
RE: i forgot to remember - by Emrik - January 11, 2022, 05:25 PM
RE: i forgot to remember - by Speedy - January 11, 2022, 05:40 PM