Arrow Lake i hit a wall, i never felt so low, so low
Loner
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
98 Posts
Ooc — Van
this is as short as i could get it lmao <3

If asked, River would not be able to say for certain how long she had stood there, frozen by haunted memories and inconceivable emotion, but it felt like an eternity. Like her claws had turned into roots, anchoring her to the spot forever. She thought she might fossilize onto the trail; a statue for all to see. The placard would read: Here stands River -- a wolf petrified by her own thoughts. Too lily-livered to go on.

She was saved from her self-inflicted suspension by the approach of another. River's head turned sharply, succinctly followed by the rest of her as she moved to face the she-wolf. She felt caught in a particularly vulnerable moment, and her spine bristled as she readied herself to lash out violently in an effort to diminish the perceived embarrassment. Her instinct to attack was further vindicated by the other's one-eyed countenance, which only made her opponent appear more antagonistic in her head than she did in reality.

Had the wind been in her favor, she might have recognized the scent that Mahler had worn on him like cologne and stopped there, but the Sandraudiga only growled. She began to size up the small wolf, preparing to take advantage of her obvious blind spot and go for the...

She made a surprised face at the sight of her belly and stepped back. The pregnancy seemed almost glaring to River now, given the other's naturally slim build, and her shoulders slumped as she gave up the fight before it had even begun. 

Bitterness and jealousy both reared their ugly heads to whisper in her ear.

You should leave, she huffed. This place is haunted.
Messages In This Thread
i hit a wall, i never felt so low, so low - by River - March 09, 2022, 06:38 PM
RE: i hit a wall, i never felt so low, so low - by River - March 11, 2022, 05:11 PM