Ravensblood Forest you'll always feel as though you tripped and fell.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
GET OUT OF MY HEAD, REM. I had the same thought :P

Fin stared curiously at Fox's behind (it was all she could see, okay?) when the woman spoke to her. Tolerate her shit? Fin wasn't certain what shit Fox was referencing exactly. She hadn't had any personal experiences with the woman that suggested anything... intolerable. How strange. She supposed there had been some gossip when Fox had first arrived, some altercation between her and Willow and a... birdy... or...

Luckily, the thought process ended when Fox finished her sentence with something Fin took immediately for a compliment. She whined softly with pleasure, wanting to actually say something but completely failing at actually coming up with anything. So, she let the conversation drop and instead their talk meandered between a few frivolous conversations of little consequence until a long while later, they were blinking again into the sunlight.

Fin shared a happy grin with Fox as she trotted forward, further into the outside world and took a deep breath. "Ah, I forgot how good trees smell," she said with a little laugh. She pressed forward along the river as it wound its way down the cliffs until it melted into another and began a new journey through a place that looked... awfully familiar...

"No way..." Fin said softly as she looked up towards a ridge high above them on the opposite side of the river. A row of tall alabaster stalks lined its edge, reaching up towards a canopy of yellows, oranges and brilliant red, as though the sky were alight with fire. "That's Emberwood," she said to Fox with delight and surprise in her voice. "I've been here before! Kaihra and I found a pass through the mountains beyond the Plateau and we came upon this lake that flowed down this huge drop into a ravine. This is that ravine. I think it sweeps around Emberwood and dumps out into that big lake at the edge of the forest. From there we could easily get back to the Plateau."

They weren't going to die! And even better, they hadn't gone through a time vortex and ended up in some alternate reality they'd never escape from! Wait, that wasn't better.

</style>

Messages In This Thread
RE: you'll always feel as though you tripped and fell. - by Finley - October 09, 2014, 08:16 PM