Arrow Lake the water in my bones was running dry
328 Posts
Ooc —
Something nameless leapt between them like a spark. No, not some silly chemical attraction or other such nonsense — Ephraim hardly had time in his stacked survival agenda to entertain the thought of a real connection with another living being, and besides, Qiao's ability to see the unseen gave him the creeps — but there was something tangible there.

A sense of mutual benefit and matching values, perhaps. He didn't have to think long on it before Qiao voiced a thought in a similar vein, teasing Ephraim's lips into a smirk. That depends on the work, he drawled in a voice far more confident than it was the last time they met, and what's in it for me.
Messages In This Thread
the water in my bones was running dry - by Ephraim - January 21, 2023, 10:09 AM
RE: the water in my bones was running dry - by Qiao - January 21, 2023, 12:51 PM
RE: the water in my bones was running dry - by Ephraim - January 28, 2023, 11:55 PM
RE: the water in my bones was running dry - by Qiao - February 01, 2023, 10:44 AM
RE: the water in my bones was running dry - by Ephraim - February 24, 2023, 12:23 PM
RE: the water in my bones was running dry - by Qiao - March 24, 2023, 06:45 PM
RE: the water in my bones was running dry - by Ephraim - April 29, 2023, 08:39 PM
RE: the water in my bones was running dry - by Qiao - April 30, 2023, 02:05 PM