Shadowwyn Moor Listen for that bell, just wait for that sound
172 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
There was concern written all over Bridget's face, and while Keen was grateful for it, she was uncomfortable too. She wanted to let Bridget care, to let her in, but she also didn't want to — because then there would be no way to detach. Keen needed that; she always had to keep one eye on the door with the red sign labeled EXIT, just in case. So she swallowed and mutely shook her head, her own expression tied somewhere between anguish and embarrassment.
After a pause during which she tried and failed to clear the lump in her throat, Keen broke her silence. I don't think I can talk about it, She said quietly, eyes flicking down to the ground briefly before finding Bridget's lavender gaze again. Keen tried to make her tone lighter when she spoke next, searching for a way to let Bridget help without letting her too close. But... if you don't mind extending your trip, there's somewhere else I need to stop before I go home, and I'd appreciate company. Your company, specifically. A little shy, with those last words, but she couldn't help but clarify.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Listen for that bell, just wait for that sound - by Keen - April 30, 2023, 03:18 PM