Lion Head Mesa In my defense, I always fall for confidence
30 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
His apology was mostly done for show, but it was enough to calm the woman before she could become truly hysterical. She quickly diminished her own ire, swallowing it, and filling the air with apologies. Harakhte took note of her state and knew to be careful from that point on.
Plus, she seemed distracted; the obvious leap that Harakhte had taken, that this woman was taking over temporarily from Senmut, was confirmed by her own words. Though she did not name him specifically there was a worry there, and the prince was again amused.
He -- Senmut? He knew no other priests, and naming him aloud was unnecessary, but Harakhte wanted to confirm his own suspicions. He was careful as he watched the priestess for any reaction.
I have spoken with him a number of times. He is a smart man, and from what I understand he took many of your palace guards with him. The mazoi here are well trained - he is no doubt, safe.
Perhaps it would be best to get her mind off of the man.
I wonder -- if you have the time -- whether we might take a walk? I have not seen where the priests do their work. In my home, we have particular holy places that they keep to. It does not seem the same applies here. I would very much like to learn.
Messages In This Thread
RE: In my defense, I always fall for confidence - by Harakhte - June 21, 2023, 06:01 PM